||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Art of Ecommerce
Zencart Admin Panel screenshot.
|Original author(s)||Zen Ventures, LLC|
|Developer(s)||The Zen Cart Development Team|
1.5.5a / May 5, 2016
|Type||Online store management system|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Zen Cart is an online store management system. It is PHP-based, using a MySQL database and HTML components. Support is provided for numerous languages and currencies, and it is freely available under the GNU General Public License.
Zen Cart branched from osCommerce as a separate project in 2003. Beyond some aesthetic changes, the major differences between the two systems come from Zen Cart's architectural changes (for example, a template system) and additional included features in the core. The release of the 1.3.x series further differentiated Zen Cart by moving the template system from its historic tables-based layout approach to one that is largely CSS-based.
- Goh, Koon Hoek (2007). e-Start Your Web Store with Zen Cart. Singapore: Cucumber Media Pte Ltd. ISBN 978-981-05-6591-6. (Officially endorsed by the Zen Cart project.)
- Hardy, Kerrin (2009). Zen Cart CSS Guide - A complete Guide to Zen Cart Stylesheets. Australia: Kerrin Hardy.
- Sarkar, Suhreed (2008). Zen Cart E-commerce Application Development. United Kingdom: Packt Publishing. ISBN 978-1-84719-117-5.
- Laughlin, Jeff (2010). Zen Cart Optimization, 2010. Canada: Jeff Laughlin. ISBN 978-0-9865653-0-4.
- Watson, Kerry; Matthew Therrien (2005). Zen Cart: Building an Online Store the Zen Way. Trafford/On Demand Manuals. ISBN 978-1-4120-6645-7.
- "Zen Cart v1.5.5a Released!". zen-cart.com.