This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Zencoder is a cloud-based video encoding service launched in 2010. Zencoder offers video transcoding, ingest, and syndication via web service APIs.
Zencoder is backed by leading investors, including five of the top ten angel investors in the US according to Business Week. Investors include Y Combinator, Chris Sacca, Dave McClure, Ron Conway, Founder’s Collective, Andreessen-Horowitz, and Ignition Partners.
In 2008, Zencoder partnered with On2 Technologies to create Flix Cloud, an online video encoding service. Flix Cloud officially launched in April 2009. Google acquired On2 in 2010, and Flix Cloud was shut down later that year. Zencoder launched as a new transcoding service in May 2010 after the company participated in the Y Combinator startup accelerator.
In 2011, CloudHarmony benchmarked the transcoding speeds of four cloud encoding platforms, including Zencoder. In these benchmarks, Zencoder provided the fastest average encoding speeds in all 8 tests.
Open Source Player
- Future of Technology 2010 - "Archived copy". Archived from the original on January 30, 2012. Retrieved January 16, 2012.
- On2 Technologies and Zencoder Partner to Create On-Demand Video Encoding Service - http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&sid=anGxmzyYqTKQ
- Google Closes On2 Technology Acquisition - http://investor.google.com/releases/2010/0219.html
- Encoding Performance: Comparing Zencoder, Encoding.com, Sorenson & Panda - http://blog.cloudharmony.com/2011/10/encoding-performance-comparing-zencoder.html
- Brightcove Acquires Zencoder - http://blog.zencoder.com/2012/07/26/brightcove-acquires-zencoder/