Zendium is a brand of toothpaste marketed by Unilever in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, the Middle East, the Netherlands, Scandinavia and Switzerland.
As of 2007, zendium's market share in Denmark was about 37%.
The active ingredients in Zendium Classic are:
- Enzymes: amyloglucosidase, glucosidase and lactoperoxidase
- Sodium fluoride
- Abrasive: Hydrated silica
- Surfactant: Steareth-30
Unlike many types of toothpaste, Zendium products do not contain the foaming agent sodium lauryl sulfate (SDS or NaDS, where D means dodecyl). The lack of SLS protects the mucous membranes and is believed to reduce the risk of aphthous ulcers. In addition, since Zendium does not contain SLS or similar foaming agents, it can be used together with chlorhexidine.
- "Les dentifrices Zendium arrivent en France" [Zendium in France] (in French). 2015.
- Lene Wedel Heilskov (2008). "zendiums historie" [History of Zendium] (PDF) (in Danish). Zendium.
- "Zendium Classic". Opus Health Care.
- Kolahi J, Soolari A (September 2006). "Rinsing with chlorhexidine gluconate solution after brushing and flossing teeth: a systematic review of effectiveness". Quintessence Int. 37 (8): 605–12. PMID 16922019.