Zeng ([tsə́ŋ], Chinese: 曾; pinyin: Zēng; Wade–Giles: Tseng) is a Chinese family name. In Cantonese, it is Tsang; in Taiwan, Tseng or Tzeng; in Malaysia, Chan; in Indonesia, Tjan; in Vietnam, Tăng. The surname Zeng is the 32nd most common surname in Mainland China. It is the 16th most common surname in Taiwan.
Shao Kang was the king of the Xia Dynasty, and he delegated one of his sons to rule the State of Zeng (Chinese: 鄫, 繒, 曾; pinyin: Zēng; Wade–Giles: Tseng). Zeng was originally the name of a place during the Shao Kang's reign. The Si's were the descendants of the King Yu of Xia (Si was the surname of the royal house of the Xia Dynasty). However, in 567 BC, the State of Zeng was conquered by the State of Ju. Some of the royal members with the surname Si, including the prince of Zeng, fled to the State of Lu. The Prince of Zeng gave his descendants the surname Zeng in remembrance of the Zeng state.
- Zengzi - Philosopher and disciple of Confucius.
- Zeng Shan - father of Zeng Qinghong, former Chinese politician
- Zeng Qinghong, former politburo standing committee member, Vice President
- Alice Tzeng – film actress
- Bowie Tsang – compere, singer
- Donald Tsang – former chief executive of Hong Kong
- Edward Tsang – computer scientist
- Eric Tsang – film actor, director
- Jasper Tsang – former President of the Legislative Council of Hong Kong
- Yani Tseng – professional golfer
- Tsang Tsou Choi – The Kowloon Emperor (Hong Kong graffiti artist)
- Tsang Yam Pui – former commissioner of the Hong Kong Police
- Zeng Cheng, China PR national football team goalkeeper
- Zeng Chengwei
- Zeng Fanren
- Zeng Fanzhi
- Zeng Gong
- Zeng Guofan
- Zeng Jinlian
- Zeng Jing
- Zeng Junchen, "King of Opium"
- Zeng Liansong
- Zeng Peiyan
- Zeng Qiliang, Chinese breaststroke swimmer
- Zeng Xian, Ming dynasty general
- Zeng Xianyi
- Zeng Yanfen Member of SNH48
- http://www.chineseetymology.org/CharacterASP/CharacterEtymology.aspx?characterInput=%E6%9B%BE[permanent dead link] Etymology of 曾
|This page lists people with the surname Zeng. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|