Gualv Square in Zengcheng
Zengcheng in Guangzhou
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,741.4 km2 (672.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||470/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
|Canton Romanization||zeng1 xing4 kêu1|
|Hanyu Pinyin||Zēngchéng Qū|
|Alternative Chinese name|
|Canton Romanization||zeng1 xing4|
|Name||Chinese (S)||Hanyu Pinyin||Canton Romanization||Population (2010)||Area (km2)|
|Licheng Subdistrict||荔城街道||Lìchéng Jiēdào||lei6 séng4 gai1 dou6||191,777||132.27|
|Zengjiang Subdistrict||增江街道||Zēngjiāng Jiēdào||zeng1 gong1 gai1 dou6||78,072||86.18|
|Zhucun Subdistrict||朱村街道||Zhūcūn Jiēdào||ju1 qun1 gai1 dou6||43,557||93.90|
|Yongning Subdistrict||永宁街道||Yǒngníng Jiēdào||wing5 ning4 gai1 dou6||104.14|
|Zhengguo Town||正果镇||Zhèngguǒ Zhèn||zéng3 guo2 zen3||40,387||236.40|
|Shitan Town||石滩镇||Shítān Zhèn||ség6 tan1 zen3||121,674||184.00|
|Xintang Town||新塘镇||Xīntáng Zhèn||sen1 tong4 zen3||391,287||85.09|
|Zhongxin Town||中新镇||Zhōngxīn Zhèn||zung1 sen1 zen3||78,293||236.00|
|Paitan Town||派潭镇||Pàitán Zhèn||pai3 tam4 zen3||58,337||289.50|
|Xiaolou Town||小楼镇||Xiǎolóu Zhèn||xiu2 leo4 zen3||33,725||136.00|
|Xiancun Town||仙村镇||Xiāncūn Zhèn||xin1 qun1 zen3||56.65|
Zengcheng was a county and it was established in Qin Dynasty, having a history of more than 2100 years. During the Ming Dynasty, because the area of Zengcheng county was too big for the empire to control, the emperor cut the north part out of the county to form Longmen county, which then was administered from to Huizhou city.
In 1993 the central Chinese government promoted Zengcheng county to Zengcheng city. In 2006 The small west part of Zengcheng became the Luogang district of Guangzhou City, which was then renamed to Huangpu district in 2014. Despite this status as a district, the people of Zengcheng district consider themselves as part of Zengcheng, rather than part of Guangzhou; this is in part because of the great distance between Zengcheng and downtown Guangzhou (100km). Moreover, before the 20th century, many people from Zengcheng had never even visited Guangzhou Moreover, those from Zengcheng speak a different Yue dialect or Hakka than those of Guangzhou.
Zengcheng's mild climate, fertile land, annual average temperature of 22.2 degrees and average yearly rainfall of 1,869 millimetres (73.6 in) make it suitable for tropical and subtropical crop growth. The district is noted for production of the lychee.
Twin Dragon Resort opened to public in December 2014. The resort has a total area of 163 acres, and it consists of two theme parks, East Village and West Village. Located in the heart of Erlongshan subtropical rainforest, Twin Dragon Resort is blessed with exceptional natural resources and marvelous landscapes. To experience traditional Chinese culture, Twin Dragon Resort also offers a variety of family activities and events, suitable for visitors of all ages to participate.
- Guangdong University of Technology Huali College
- Guangzhou University Songtian College
- Guangdong University of Finance & Economics Huashang College
- Guangzhou Kangda Vocational Technical College
- "Huangpu and Luogang Districts merge, Zengcheng becomes a District (黄埔萝岗合二为一 增城从化撤市改区)" (in Chinese). Nandu （南都网）. Retrieved 13 February 2014.
- shi, Guo wu yuan ren kou pu cha ban gong; council, Guo jia tong ji ju ren kou he jiu ye tong ji si bian = Tabulation on the 2010 population census of the people's republic of China by township / compiled by Population census office under the state; population, Department of; statistics, employment statistics national bureau of (2012). Zhongguo 2010 nian ren kou pu cha fen xiang, zhen, jie dao zi liao (Di 1 ban. ed.). Beijing Shi: Zhongguo tong ji chu ban she. ISBN 978-7-5037-6660-2.
- The official history record of Zengcheng 增城县志
- "Contact." Utahloy International School Zengcheng. Retrieved on September 28, 2015. "Address: Guangshan Highway, Sanjiang Town, Zengcheng Guangdong, PRC 511325 增城誉德莱国际学校 - 中国广东省广州市增城市广汕公路三江镇" - See map in the last page of the "UISZ School Booklet."