Zenodo is a general-purpose open-access repository developed under the European OpenAIRE program and operated by CERN. It allows researchers to deposit data sets, research software, reports, and any other research related digital artifacts. For each submission, a persistent digital object identifier (DOI) is minted, which makes the stored items easily citeable.
Zenodo was created in 2013 under the name OpenAire orphan records repository, to let researchers in any subject area to comply with any open science deposit requirement absent an institutional repository. It was re-launched as Zenodo in 2015 to provide a place for researchers to deposit datasets and allows upload files up to 50 GB.
It provides a DOI to datasets and other submitted data which lacks one, to make the work easier to cite and supports various data and license types. One supported source are GitHub repositories.
In 2019 Zenodo announced a partnership with fellow data-repository Dryad to co-develop new solutions focused on supporting researcher and publisher workflows as well as best practices in software and data curation.
- Peter Suber (2012). "10 self help". Open Access (the book). MIT. ISBN 978-0-262-51763-8.
- "How to make your own work open access". Harvard Open Access Project.
- Andrew Purcell (8 May 2013). "CERN and OpenAIREplus launch new European research repository". Science Node. Retrieved 2018-11-14.
- "Zenodo Launches!". OpenAIRE. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "Zenodo – FAQ". Retrieved 30 November 2017.
- Sicilia, Miguel-Angel; García-Barriocanal, Elena; Sánchez-Alonso, Salvador (2017). "Community Curation in Open Dataset Repositories: Insights from Zenodo". Procedia Computer Science. 106: 54–60. doi:10.1016/j.procs.2017.03.009.
- Herterich, Patricia; Dallmeier-Tiessen, Sünje (2016). "Data Citation Services in the High-Energy Physics Community". D-Lib Magazine. 22. doi:10.1045/january2016-herterich.
- "Making Your Code Citable". GitHub. Retrieved 22 October 2015.
- "Zenodo Infrastructure". Retrieved 30 January 2019.
- "GitHub - zenodo/Zenodo: Research. Shared". 2019-07-23.
- "Funded Partnership Brings Dryad and Zenodo Closer". blog.zenodo.org. Retrieved 2019-11-08.
|This website-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|