|Source model||Open source|
|Initial release||July 15, 2009|
|Latest release||4.2 / October 23, 2015|
|Available in||English (partially translated in 27 languages)|
|Update method||APT (Web front-end available through ebox-software)|
|Default user interface||Web user interface|
Zentyal is an open source email and groupware solution, natively compatible with Microsoft Outlook®. Zentyal implements Microsoft® Exchange protocols on top of standard open source components (such as Dovecot, Postfix, Samba, etc.) in order to provide native compatibility with Microsoft Outlook® clients. The email and groupware protocols supported by Zentyal are MAPI, ActiveSync, EWS, SMTP, POP, IMAP, CalDAV, CardDAV and Active Directory.
Zentyal is distributed in two packages: Zentyal Server for SMBs and Zentyal Cloud for hosting providers. Zentyal Server has a development edition that is freely downloadable and its source code is available under terms of the GNU General Public License.
Main features of Zentyal Server
- Native compatibility with Microsoft® Exchange Server Protocols
- Support for Microsoft Outlook® 2007, 2010
- Native compatibility with Microsoft Active Directory® 2008, 2008R2, 2012
- Email, calendars, contacts
- Synchronization with mobile devices (ActiveSync® support)
- Antivirus and antispam
- Packaged in an Ubuntu-based server, providing domain and directory, basic networking and firewall services
In May 2015, Zentyal organized with Microsoft's sponsorship the first Protocols Plugfest in Europe, aimed at open source communities and technology companies to present, test and discuss technical issues and content around open protocols and interoperability.
- Cloud Software: Cloud computing
- Windows Server
- List of collaborative software
- List of mail server software
- Comparison of mail servers