This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer||Zentyal S.L. (previously eBox Technologies S.L.)|
|Source model||Open source|
|Initial release||July 15, 2009|
|Latest release||6.2 / June 4, 2020|
|Available in||English (partially translated in 27 languages)|
|Update method||APT (Web front-end available through ebox-software)|
|Default user interface||Web user interface|
Zentyal used to implement Microsoft Exchange Server protocols on top of standard open source components (such as Dovecot, Postfix, Samba, etc.) in order to provide native compatibility with Microsoft Outlook clients. As of release 5, Zentyal has dropped native compatibility with Microsoft Outlook using the MAPI protocol via OpenChange, due to unspecified issues. The OpenChange project was discontinued in December 2015.
Zentyal is distributed in two packages: Zentyal Server for SMBs and Zentyal Cloud for hosting providers. Zentyal Server has a development edition that is freely downloadable and its source code is available under terms of the GNU General Public License.
Main features of Zentyal Server
- Native compatibility with Microsoft® Exchange Server Protocols (before release 5)
- Support for Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010 (before release 5)
- Native compatibility with Microsoft Active Directory® 2008, 2008R2, 2012
- Email, calendars, contacts
- Synchronization with mobile devices (ActiveSync® support)
- Antivirus and antispam
- Packaged in an Ubuntu-based server, providing domain and directory, basic networking and firewall services
In May 2015, Zentyal organized with Microsoft's sponsorship the first Protocols Plugfest in Europe, aimed at open source communities and technology companies to present, test and discuss technical issues and content around open protocols and interoperability.
- Cloud Software: Cloud computing
- Windows Server
- List of collaborative software
- List of mail server software
- Comparison of mail servers
- "Zentyal Server 6.2 Commercial Now Available". zentyal.com. Zentyal S.L. 2020-06-04. Retrieved 2020-06-24.
- "Press Release: eBox Platform Changes Name To Zentyal". Zentyal.com. Zentyal S.L. 2010-08-19. Retrieved 2018-08-30.
- Zentyal 2.0 review | LinuxBSDos.com
- A young and pretty Linux server OS that takes a bit of work · The Register
- DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 479, 22 October 2012
- DistroWatch Weekly, Issue 541, 13 January 2014
- "Industry Leaders confirmed as new speakers for Protocols Plugfest Europe". 2015-02-18. Retrieved 2020-01-13.