7hops.com, Inc., doing business as ZergNet, is an Internet startup company based in Indianapolis that describes itself as a "content recommendation" (more commonly known as contextual advertising) company. Established around 2011, it has been compared to Outbrain, Taboola and similar companies, and the fact that the site itself has become popular with some end users invited a comparison to BuzzFeed. ZergNet's declared goal is to distinguish itself from its competitors by focusing on high quality, less spammy offerings.
- Looper.com - Film, television, and video game news
- NickiSwift.com - Celebrity gossip
- Grunge.com - History, entertainment, science, and sports
- TheList.com - Women's lifestyle
- Mashed.com - Food discussion
- SVG.com - video game news and discussion
- "Amended Interim Designation of Agent to Receive Notification of Claimed Infringement [7hops.com, Inc.]" (PDF). Copyright.gov. U.S. Copyright Office. July 15, 2016.
Alternative Name(s) of Service Provider (including all names under which the service provider is doing business): ZergNet, ZergNet.com, Looper.com, Grunge.com, NickiSwift.com, Thelist.com, Static.com, Mashed.com
- "ZergNet | CrunchBase". www.crunchbase.com. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "IU grad's ZergNet surges, powered by Mark Cuban". USA TODAY. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- Wright, Mic (2015-06-24). "How two gamers built a secret weapon to get huge Web traffic". The Next Web. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- Chapman, Lizette. "ZergNet Scores $3.2 Million to Build 'Pinterest for Content'". WSJ. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "Greycroft Partners places bet on ZergNet, a content recommendation firm that's not in advertising - New York Business Journal". New York Business Journal. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "Q&A: Mark Cuban Talks Indy Startup ZergNet". Indianapolis Monthly. 2013-10-01. Retrieved 2016-05-25.
- "ZergNet - About Us". ZergNet.com.
Pete Schiecke - Pete manages ZergNet’s entertainment properties, which includes Looper, Nicki Swift, Grunge, The List and Mashed.
|This article about an internet company of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|