Type of site
|Key people||Nithin Kamath CEO|
|Products||Kite, Coin, Console, Varsity|
Commodity Trading ,
|Subsidiaries||Zerodha Commodities Pvt. Ltd.|
Zerodha is an Indian financial service company (member of NSE, BSE, MCX, MCX-SX), that offers retail and institutional broking, currencies and commodities trading, mutual funds, and bonds. Founded in 2010, Zerodha is known for its discount pricing model and technology. It is headquartered in Bengaluru and has physical presence in all major Indian cities.
The company claims to be "India's first discount brokerage" having debuted the "discount broking" model in India that is popular in developed markets. The model exempts customers from any broking charges on trades and transactions and favours traders who take large futures contract and options provisions.
Instead, a flat fee of a maximum of ₹20 is applied to a trade, irrespective of its size. In December 2015, Zerodha became the first Indian stock broker to offer brokerage and commission-free equity investments. In addition, it offers an array of purpose built trading applications to its retail customers.
It has won the "Economic Times Startup Awards 2016" in the "Bootstrap Champ" category. The company also won the BSE-D&B "Emerging Equity Broking House Award" in 2014 and 2015, and the NSE "Retail Broker of the Year" award in 2018.
- "30 Under 30: Nikhil Kamath - Chess to derivatives, all in a day's work". Forbes. Retrieved 21 September 2016.
- "Nithin and Nikhil Kamath: Code Zero". Forbes India. 21 September 2018. Retrieved 28 September 2018.
- Barbora, Lisa Pallavi (12 April 2013). "Advantage customers: providers shift focus". Mint. HT Media. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Bengaluru broking firm Zerodha scraps fee for cash trades; rivals miffed by move". The Economic Times. 2 December 2015. Retrieved 2 December 2015.
- Baruah, Ayushman. "Zerodha Trade Winds of Change". BW Businessworld. Retrieved 26 January 2017.
- "Zerodha opens its Ahmedabad support center". The Economic Times. Retrieved 1 August 2013.
- Thomas, Tanya (4 January 2017). "Active accounts: discount brokers gain market share". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 12 August 2017.
- "Technology helps us unleash innovation in capital markets: Zerodha CTO Kailash Nadh". Economic Times. 3 April 2018. Retrieved 11 August 2018.
- "Zerodha replaces biggies as largest broker in India - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- "Here's how Zerodha became India's biggest stock brokerage - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 August 2019.
- "Average daily turnover surges in both F&O and cash segments; HNIs also get into the mix". Economic Times. 12 March 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2015.
- "Broking startup Zerodha to enter non-banking finance space and expand overseas". The Economic Times. 3 September 2015. Retrieved 28 September 2015.
- "Zerodha commodities".
- "ET Startup Awards 2016: How the Bootstrap Champ Zerodha is taking investment to the masses". The Economic Times. 12 January 2016. Retrieved 19 January 2016.
- ""Zerodha – India's best retail brokerage for 2018" by NSE". Zerodha blog. 4 December 2018.
- Zerodha in now largest Stock Broker firm in India (as per NSE Jan 2019 UCC Activation data)