Type of site
|Key people||Nithin Kamath CEO|
Commodity Trading ,
|Subsidiaries||Zerodha Commodities Pvt. Ltd.|
Zerodha is a zero brokerage firm and an Indian financial service company (member of NSE, BSE, MCX, MCX-SX), retail and institutional broking, currencies and commodities trading, and mutual funds. Founded in 2010, Zerodha is known for its discount pricing model and technology. It is headquartered in Bangalore and has physical presence in all major Indian cities. It generates daily trading turnovers crossing $2 billion.
The company claims to be "India's first discount brokerage" having debuted the "discount broking" model in India that is popular in developed markets. The model exempts customers from any broking charges on trades and transactions, and favours traders who take large futures and options provisions. Instead, a flat fee of a maximum of Rs: 20 is applied to a trade, irrespective of its size. In December 2015, Zerodha became the first Indian stock broker to offer brokerage and commission-free equity investments.
- "30 Under 30: Nikhil Kamath - Chess to derivatives, all in a day's work". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-09-21.
- "Nithin and Nikhil Kamath: Code Zero". Forbes India. 2018-09-21. Retrieved 2018-09-28.
- Barbora, Lisa Pallavi (12 April 2013). "Advantage customers: providers shift focus". Mint. HT Media. Retrieved 11 April 2015.
- "Bengaluru broking firm Zerodha scraps fee for cash trades; rivals miffed by move". The Economic Times. 2015-12-02. Retrieved 2015-12-02.
- Baruah, Ayushman. "Zerodha Trade Winds of Change". BW Businessworld. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Zerodha opens its Ahmedabad support center". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2013-08-01.
- Thomas, Tanya (2017-01-04). "Active accounts: discount brokers gain market share". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2017-08-12.
- "Technology helps us unleash innovation in capital markets: Zerodha CTO Kailash Nadh". Economic Times. 2018-04-03. Retrieved 2018-08-11.
- "When we lowered prices, I got threatening calls from brokers, says Nithin Kamath, Zerodha". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2017-01-26.
- "Average daily turnover surges in both F&O and cash segments; HNIs also get into the mix". Economic Times. 2015-03-12. Retrieved 2015-04-09.
- "Broking startup Zerodha to enter non-banking finance space and expand overseas". The Economic Times. 2015-09-03. Retrieved 2015-09-28.
- "Zerodha commodities".
- "ET Startup Awards 2016: How the Bootstrap Champ Zerodha is taking investment to the masses". The Economic Times. 2016-01-12. Retrieved 2016-01-19.