||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Brno, Czech Republic|
|Products||Agriculture, Consumer & Commercial Equipment, Engines|
|Revenue||4.081 billion CZK (2012)|
Number of employees
Zetor is a tractor manufacturer based in Brno in the Czech Republic. Today, Zetor produces agricultural wheeled tractors with power between 60 and 170 HP. Until 1990 it was a subsidiary of Zbrojovka in Brno. The name itself arose from merging "Zet" from the logo of Zbrojovka and the last two letters of the word tractor. Name of the trademark was created by R. Sapák, the member of economy staff in March 1946. Zetor has pioneered various innovations throughout its history. It was among the first tractor companies to produce fully integrated safety cabs with insulated, rubber-mounted suspension. While Zetor is a Czech company, versions of its tractors are assembled in numerous countries including Argentina, Burma (Myanmar), India, Iraq, Uruguay and Zaire (Congo-Kinshasa).
a. ^ The 'birth certificate' of the first Zetor tractor (Z25) is reportedly dated March 15, 1946, and the Zetor trademark reportedly registered by the Czechoslovakian Chamber of Commerce on August 15, 1946.
References and further reanding
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on February 2, 2014. Retrieved April 6, 2014.
- Origins of the name Zetor, Basic information: history, Zetor.com, retrieved 27 June 2011
- Carroll, John & Davies, Peter J (2004), The Complete Book of Tractors and Trucks, London: Hermes House, pp. 252–253, ISBN 1-84477-198-9 Note: This is a 2004 reprint of the 2000 publication
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zetor.|
- Official web page Zetor
- Zetor Direct - Australian sole authorized genuine spare parts importer
- Zetor tractors sorted by year at TractorData.com
- Comprehensive Zetor history (See sub-sections under history link).