|Born||December 1931 (age 86)
Yongqing County, Hebei
|Language||Chinese, Russian, Persian|
|Alma mater||Peking University|
|Period||1960 - present|
Zhang is one of the foremost translators of Persian Literature. For his contributions to the introduction of Persian Literature to foreign readers, he was honored with the International Persian Literature Award in 1992, 6th Literature and Art Award in 1998 and the Outstanding Award for Chinese and Persian Culture Exchange in 2000.
In 1986, Zhang studied in Iran.
- History of Persian Literature (《波斯文学史》)
- Shahnameh (Ferdowsi) (《列王纪全集》)
- Gulistan of Sa'di (Saadi Shirazi) (《果园》)
- Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam (Omar Khayyám) (《鲁拜集》)
- Tehran University - International Persian Literature Award (1992)
- Afshar Foundation - 6th Literature and Art Award (1998)
- Iranian President Mohammad Khatami awarded him the Outstanding Award for Chinese and Persian Culture Exchange (2000)
- Chinese Translation Association - Competent Translator (2004)
- 怀鹤西先生. Wenxin (in Chinese). 2013-08-20.
- 伊朗古史的"去希腊化". Oriental Morning Post (in Chinese). 2011-10-15.
- "伊朗作家生存现状：保守派要么消失要么流亡海外". Chinanews (in Chinese). 2012-05-21.
- 《波斯文学史》 [History of Persian Literature] (in Chinese). Kunlun Press. 2003-01-01. ISBN 9787800406720.
- 《列王纪》 [Shahnameh] (in Chinese). Beijing: Peking University Press. 2009-06-01. ISBN 9787301152478.