|Full name||Zhang Linpeng|
|Date of birth||9 May 1989|
|Place of birth||Jinan, Shandong, China|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|2001–2005||Genbao Football Academy|
|2006–2010||Shanghai East Asia||65||(2)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 August 2016.
Zhang Linpeng (simplified Chinese: 张琳芃; traditional Chinese: 張琳芃; pinyin: Zhāng Línpéng; born 9 May 1989) is a Chinese footballer who currently plays for Guangzhou Evergrande in the Chinese Super League.
Zhang is known by the nickname Zhangmos (Chinese: 张莫斯) for his similarity in looks and playing style as Sergio Ramos. An offensive minded defender, Zhang is also known for his tackling ability and aerial game. He was highly praised by Italian manager Marcello Lippi who described him as "the best Chinese footballer in the Chinese Super League".
Zhang Linpeng was considered a highly promising youngster and quickly attracted the interests of the renowned Genbao Football Academy where he graduated to Shanghai East Asia's first team at the beginning of the 2006 league season. With the club in the third tier, Zhang quickly made an impression within the team when he was part of the squad that won promotion to the second tier at the end of the 2007 league season. Within the second tier, Zhang played a major part in ensuring the club remained in the division and by the 2009 season, the club finished fourth and just missed out on promotion. His performance for his club then saw him receive an unexpected call-up to the Chinese national team where he impressed many by scoring on his debut against Jordan. This then saw Zhang become the most sought after player in China before he transferred to Chinese Super League side Guangzhou Evergrande for a fee of ¥12 million in November 2010.
He his debut on 2 April 2011 in a 1-0 win against Dalian Shide. Throughout the season, Zhang was used as a squad player as Guangzhou won their first ever league title at the end of the 2012 season. He would soon established himself as a mainstay in the team's backline during the 2013 season, leading the club to a third straight league title was well as an AFC Champions League title, the first in the club's history.
During preseason before the 2015 season, Zhang sustained a medial accessory ligament tear on his left knee joint on 7 February 2015 in a friendly match against Hangzhou Greentown. While recovering from his surgery in Italy, Zhang was linked with Serie A side Inter Milan with manager Roberto Mancini also confirming his interest in Zhang. However, Guangzhou insisted that Zhang was worth €10 million which far exceeded what Inter was willing to pay. After recovering from injury, Zhang came on as a substitute and scored a goal on 3 April 2015 in a 2-1 loss against Henan Jianye. He then went on to score a 60-meter goal on 12 April 2015 in a 6-1 win against Liaoning Whowin. On 28 May 2015, he suffered a reoccurrence of a left knee strain on 27 May 2015 in a 2-0 win against Seongnam FC. On 20 July 2015, Zhang extended his contract with Guangzhou until 31 December 2020. Zhang returned from injury on 12 August 2015 in a 1-0 win against Jiangsu Sainty. On 28 August 2015, Premier League side Chelsea made an offer to Guangzhou for Zhang, hoping to complete the transfer before the summer transfer window closed; however, the deal couldn't be completed due to limited time while the two clubs failed to agree on certain terms during negotiations.
Zhang quickly worked his way up through the various Chinese youth teams, first by playing for the Chinese under-20 national team in the 2008 AFC U-19 Championship where he captained the team to the quarter-finals. This saw him promoted to the Chinese under-23 national team to play in the 2009 East Asian Games where China disappointingly were knocked out in the group stage. Despite the under-23 national team's failures, Zhang's performances were considered good enough for then manager Gao Hongbo to unexpectedly call him up to the national team even though he was playing for a second tier side. He made an impressive international debut on 30 December 2009 in a 2-2 draw against Jordan, scoring on his debut as well. After his debut, Zhang was called up to the squad that won the 2010 East Asian Football Championship before establishing himself as a regular for the team that took part in the 2011 AFC Asian Cup.
- As of 20 August 2016 
|Club performance||League||Cup||League Cup||Continental||Others||Total|
|China PR||League||FA Cup||CSL Cup||Asia||Others1||Total|
|2006||Shanghai East Asia||China League Two||-||-||-||-|
|2008||China League One||19||0||-||-||-||-||19||0|
|2011||Guangzhou Evergrande||Chinese Super League||16||1||2||0||-||-||-||18||1|
- As of 8 September 2015 
- Scores and results list China's goal tally first.
|1||30 December 2009||Meihu Sports Centre, Yiwu, China||Jordan||1–0||2–2||Friendly international|
|2||14 January 2010||My Dinh National Stadium, Hanoi, Vietnam||Vietnam||2–0||2–1||2011 AFC Asian Cup qualifier|
|3||8 October 2010||Tuodong Sports Center, Kunming, China||Syria||2–0||2–1||Friendly international|
|4||8 January 2011||Al Gharafa Stadium, Doha, Qatar||Kuwait||1–0||2–0||2011 AFC Asian Cup|
|5||8 September 2015||Shenyang Sports Center, Shenyang, China||Maldives||3–0||3–0||2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier|
- China League Two: 2007
- Chinese Super League: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
- AFC Champions League: 2013, 2015
- Chinese FA Cup: 2012
- Chinese FA Super Cup: 2012, 2016
- Atkins, Chris. "Zhang giving Chinese game needed boost". espnfc.com. Retrieved 4 October 2013.
- "里皮确认巴里奥斯广州德比首秀 评国安是最强对手". sina.com. 2012-07-09. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "Cucina italiana e lavoro europeo: qui sto davvero benissimo". La Gazzetta dello Sport. 2012-07-08. Retrieved 2013-05-06.
- "China 2007". rsssf.com. 18 Apr 2008. Archived from the original on October 17, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "China 2009". rsssf.com. 23 Apr 2010. Archived from the original on October 15, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "恒大巧避足协限价令 1200万天价签约国足红人". sports.163.com. 2010-11-26. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "最贵外援一剑封喉 恒大1-0实德开门红". sports.sohu.com. 2011-04-02. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "张琳芃赴意大利检查伤情 若手术至少休战三个月". sports.sohu.com. 2015-02-12. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "张琳芃自曝赴意大利手术成功 期待尽快重返球场". sports.163.com. 2015-02-14. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Ausilio blocca il turco Ozyakup Offerto Zhang". La Gazzetta dello Sport. 2015-02-15. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Mancini, tutti nel mirino "Se prendiamo la porta la Lazio si può battere..."". La Gazzetta dello Sport. 2015-05-04. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "国米欲买张琳芃恒大标价1000万欧元". sports.163.com. 2015-03-14. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "中超-埃神失点球张琳芃建功难救主 恒大1-2建业". sports.163.com. 2015-04-03. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "中超-张琳芃60米吊射埃神两球 恒大6-1胜辽足". sports.sina.com. 2015-04-12. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "张琳芃因膝伤缺阵一个月 悲催!2015年已两度重伤". sports.163.com. 2015-05-28. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "恒大官方宣布续约张琳芃 签五年效力至2020". sports.sina.com. 2015-07-20. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "舜天vs恒大首发：埃神张琳芃领衔5大伤员复出". sports.sina.com. 2015-08-12. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Chelsea transfer news: Mourinho confident of securing defender Zhang Linpeng's signature". The Daily Telegraph. 2015-08-28. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "Zhang's 'dream' transfer to Chelsea off". China Internet Information Center. 2015-09-01. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "MATCH SUMMARY - Afc" (PDF). the-afc.com. 8 Nov 2008. Archived from the original (PDF) on September 19, 2012. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "Hong Kong vs DPR Korea - HKFA". hkfa.com. 2009-12-10. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- "China PR 2-2 Jordan". teamchina.freehostia.com. 2009-12-30. Retrieved 2012-09-25.
- Zhang Linpeng profile at Soccerway
- "张琳芃:右臂纹身献给妻子 有机会一定回山东效力". sports.163.com. 2013-08-23. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "张琳芃周末登记结婚". Guangzhou Daily. 2011-05-19. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- "张琳芃喜当爹晒爱子萌照 网友:再生10个组个国足". sports.163.com. 2014-09-02. Retrieved 2015-09-21.
- Player profile at nationalfootballteams.com
- Player profile at worldfootball.net
- Biography at hudong.com
|China national football team captain