Zhejiang Ocean University
|Zhejiang Fishery University (established in 1958)
Zhoushan Junior Teachers College (founded in 1978)
|Location||Zhoushan, Zhejiang, People's Republic of China|
|Campus||Urban area 100 hectares|
Zhejiang Ocean University (ZJOU; simplified Chinese: 浙江海洋学院; traditional Chinese: 浙江海洋學院; pinyin: Zhèjiāng hǎiyáng xuéyuàn) is a comprehensive public university based in Zhoushan city, Zhejiang province, China.
The university was created in 1988 from the merger of Zhejiang Fishery University (established in 1958) and Zhoushan Junior Teachers College (founded in 1978).
The university was accredited to offer bachelor's degree programs in 1982 and to provide postgraduate degree programs in 2005.
The university offers disciplines that specialize in the seas and oceans. It allows the development of multi-disciplines including science, agronomy, engineering, literature, medicine, management, teaching and economics.
Colleges and departments
The university is organized into the following colleges.
- School of Marine Science
- School of Humanities
- School of Marine Fisheries & Maritime School
- School of Foreign Languages
- School of Naval Architecture and Civil Engineering
- Xiaoshan School of Science and Technology
- School of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering
- Donghai School of Science and Technology (private college)
- School of Food and Pharmacy & Medical School
- Putuo School of Science and Technology
- School of Mathematics, Physics and Information Science
- Department of Physical Education and Art Teaching
- School of Petroleum & Chemical Engineering
- Center for Public Experiment & Computer Network
- School of Business Administration
- School of Continuing Education
- School of Public Administration (Department of Social Science)
- Teacher Development Center
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zhejiang Ocean University.|