Zhejiang University of Technology
Motto in English
|Good Virtue and Robust Practice, from I Ching|
|Location||Hangzhou & Quzhou, Zhejiang, People's Republic of China|
|Campus||urban & suburban|
Zhejiang University of Technology (Chinese: 浙江工业大学; pinyin: Zhèjiāng Gōngyè Dàxúe) is located in the city of Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. It is considered one of the top industrial universities in mainland China  and the second largest university in Zhejiang Province after the most comprehensive university - Zhejiang University.
Engineering, especially chemical and biological engineering, is its strongest element. During the 1980s it made an effort to become a comprehensive technological university instead of a technological college. It keeps a close and broad relationship to industry.
It is a typical technical university of the new generation in China. It followed the trend during the 1980s and 1990s of Chinese technical institutes changing from the soviet specialized style into a much more comprehensive style.
Although the history of Zhejiang University of Technology can be traced back to 1910, its independence (establishment) as a college was in 1953 as the school claims officially. It became a comprehensive technical university in 1993.
The institute has had different names throughout its history:
- Parts of the National Zhejiang University, (1910~1949)
- Hangzhou Chemical Engineering College (1953~)
- Zhejiang Chemical Engineering College (1960 ~ 1980)
- Zhejiang Engineering College (1980 ~ 1993)
- Zhejiang University of Technology (1993 ~ now)
Schools which joined into Zhejiang University of Technology:
- Zhejiang Academy of Economics and Management attached to Zhejiang Provincial Planning and Economic Commission, Nov. 1994
- Hangzhou Industrial Engineering School of Shipbuilding attached to China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC), Jul. 1997
- Zhejiang Industrial Engineering School of Building Materials attached to Zhejiang Provincial Building Material Corporation, Mar. 2001
- Chaohui Campus (or Zhaohui Campus), the headquarters
- Zhexi Campus. This campus serves the Quzhou Chemical Engineering Group (one of the biggest national chemical enterprises).
- Quzhou College
- The College of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
- The College of Mechanical Engineering
- The College of Information Engineering
- The College of Business and Administration
- The College of Civil Engineering and Architecture
- The College of Biological Engineering and Environmental Engineering
- The College of Humanities
- The College of Pharmaceutical Science
- The College of Science
- The College of Law
- The College of Foreign Languages
- The College of Art
- The College of Jianxing
- The College of Politics and Public Administration
- Zhijiang College
- The College of Adult Education
- International College
- The College of Educational Science and Technology
- The College of Vocational and Technical Education
- The College of Software Engineering
- Software Vocational College
- The Department of Physical Education and Military Training
- National Key Laboratories
- National Key Laboratory of Industrial Control Technology
- National Key Laboratory and Developing Field of Green Chemosynthetic Technology
- Provincial Key Laboratories, at least 7
- Hangzhou Gongxin Photoelectron Ltd.
- Well Information Technology Ltd.
- Rongda Corp.
- Donghui Technology Co., Ltd.
- Yonghong Education & Research Development Co., Ltd.
- Enma Co., Ltd.
- Bluehouse Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Xiangyuan Hotel
- Li Shouheng, founder of Chinese chemical engineering, former dean of Zhejiang University 
- Li Enliang: civil engineer
- Shen Yinchu, academician of Chinese Academy of Engineering, "father of Chinese new generation pesticide". 
- Zhang Libin, roboticist
- League of Key Universities in Chang Jiang Delta
Along with Zhejiang University in Hangzhou, Shanghai Jiaotong University in Shanghai, Southeast University in Nanjing, Fudan University in Shanghai, a student exchange program is held every year between these six key universities.
- National top 10 Chinese Industrial University Ranking: No.8 Archived October 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.
- National top 100 Chinese University Ranking, Science & Technology Ranking: No.32 Archived December 3, 2013, at the Wayback Machine.
- National top 100 2008 Chinese University Ranking, Technology Ranking: No.51; by Chinese Academy of Management Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- National top 100 2009 Chinese University Ranking, Integrated (comprehensive) Ranking: No.75; by Chinese Academy of Management Archived March 3, 2016, at the Wayback Machine.
- English Version Archived February 13, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Zhejiang University of Technology website
- English language version
- Jing Hong Network Union
- Campus real three-dimensional map