|Public (NASDAQ: DZSI)|
|Yung Kim, CEO Philip Yim, COO|
|Revenue||US$ 20 Million (FY 2012)|
|US$-3.9 Million (FY 2010)|
|US$-4.8 Million (FY 2010)|
Number of employees
DASAN Zhone Solutions is a provider of telecommunications networking equipment founded in 1999. It is headquartered in Oakland, California. DZS is ISO 9001:2008 certified in the manufacture and service of telecommunications equipment.
Zhone acquired more than a dozen companies, including:
- Paradyne Networks, September 2005, Internet access
- Sorrento Networks, July 2004, Metro optical access
- Gluon Networks, February 2004, Switching and signaling gateways
- Tellium, November 2003, Metro optical transport
- Eluminant, February 2003, Access and transmission products
- vpacket, July 2002, VoIP
- Nortel Networks Access Node, August 2001, Digital loop carrier (DLC)
- xybridge, February 2001, Softswitch
- Optaphone Systems, February 2000, Wireless
- Roundview February 2000, IP and derived voice
- Premisys, December 1999, Integrated access solutions
- CAG Technologies, November 1999, Manufacturing
The Zhone Building at 7001 Oakport Street is a prominent detached building, next to Interstate 880 in East Oakland. The 66th Street exit was renamed "Zhone Way" west of 880, leading to Oakport. The building was the headquarters of Zhone, until they moved to a smaller building behind it, at 7195 Oakport Street.
- "Zhone Technologies Inc". Yahoo Business profile. Retrieved August 15, 2011.