|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,466.54 km2 (566.23 sq mi)|
|• Density||510/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||China Standard (UTC+8)|
Located on the west of the province, Zhongfang County is proximately to the city proper of Huaihua. The Yuan River flows through its east part south to north, Wu River runs through its west part north to south. The county is bordered to the northwest by Hecheng District, to the north by Chenxi County, to the east by Xupu County, to the south by Hongjiang City, to the west by Zhijiang County. Zhongfang County covers 1,515.4 km2 (585.1 sq mi), as of 2015, It had a registered population of 289,054 and a resident population of 242,800. Zhongfang County has 11 towns and a township under its jurisdiction, the county seat is Zhongfang Town (中方镇).
- www.xzqh.org (in Chinese)
- Google (2014-07-02). "Zhongfang" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 2014-07-02.
- Huaihua City Land Use Plan (2006–20)/《怀化市土地利用总体规划（2006-2020年）》.(in Chinese) Accessed 8 July 2014.
- "怀化市2010年第六次全国人口普查主要数据公报" (in Chinese). Huaihua Statistical Bureau/怀化市统计局. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved 9 July 2014.
- the population of Zhongfang County in 2015, according to the Statistical Communiqué of Zhongfang County on the 2015 National Economic and Social Development - (2015年中方县国民经济和社会发展统计公报): huaihua.gov.cn or ahmhxc.com
- the divisions of Zhongfang County in 2015, according to the result on adjustment of township-level administrative divisions of Zhongfang County on November 24, 2015 - 《湖南省民政厅关于同意中方县乡镇区划调整方案的批复》(湘民行发〔2015〕68号): rednet.cn; also see 《湖南省乡镇区划调整改革109个县市区批复方案》: people.com or xinhuanet.com