中卫市 · ﺟْﻮوِ شِ
Zhongwei in Ningxia
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||16,986.1 km2 (6,558.4 sq mi)|
|• Density||61/km2 (160/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|ISO 3166 code||CN-NX-05|
It has an area of 16,986.1 km2 (6,558.4 sq mi) and a population of 1,041,821.
Zhongwei's main attraction is Gao Miao, a temple that has hosted Confucian, Buddhist, and Taoist ceremonies. A bomb shelter was also built beneath the temple during the Cultural Revolution. It has since been converted into a rendition of a Buddhist hell. The prefecture is also the location of the beginning of the northern bend in the Yellow River that produces the Ordos Loop.
|1||Shapotou District||沙坡头区||Shāpōtóu Qū||ﺷَﺎپُتِﻮْ ﺛُﻮْ||350,000||4,633||76|
|2||Zhongning County||中宁县||Zhōngníng Xiàn||ﺟْﻮنٍ ﺷِﯿًﺎ||410,000||2,841||144|
|3||Haiyuan County||海原县||Hǎiyuán Xiàn||هَیْیُوًا ﺷِﯿًﺎ||380,000||6,979||54|
- Zhongwei Shapotou Airport
- Baotou–Lanzhou Railway
- Baoji–Zhongwei Railway, to points south (connections to Xi'an, Chengdu)
- Taiyuan-Zhongwei-Yinchuan Railway, to points east (connection to Beijing)
- Gantang–Wuwei Railway, to western Gansu and points west
- Zhongwei–Lanzhou high-speed railway
- (in Chinese) Profile of Zhongwei, visited on May 31, 2008.
- Harper, Damian; Fallon, Steve; Gaskell, Katja; Grundvig, Julie; Heller, Carolyn; Huhta, Thomas; Mayhew, Bradley (2005). China (9th ed.). Lonely Planet. p. 980. ISBN 978-1-74059-687-9. OCLC 61143558.
- "10 really cool Solar Power installations in (and above) the world". 29 January 2018. Retrieved 10 May 2018.