|中原福塔 (zhōngyuán fútǎ)|
|Alternative names||Henan Province Radio & Television Tower
|Type||Steel freestanding tower|
|Address||Hanghai East Road and Airport Expressway interchange, Zhengdong|
|Town or city||Zhengzhou, Henan province|
|Architectural||388 m (1,273 ft)|
|Tip||388 m (1,273 ft)|
|Design and construction|
Zhongyuan Tower is a 388-metre (1,273 ft) tall steel tower in Zhengzhou, Henan province, China. It was completed in February, 2011. It is used as a television tower, 200-guest revolving restaurant, and observation tower. As of 2012, it was one of the twenty tallest towers in the world, and claimed to be the highest steel structure tower in the world (but was surpassed by Tokyo Skytree).
The tower shaft is made of a central core surrounded by tubular structural elements creating a hyperboloid structure. The construction of the tower was part of the Zhengdong New Area large-scale city-building project with the participation of the Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa. The tower's observation deck has an amorphous form, with several separate conical forms forming the glazed platforms. The glass surfaces are repeatedly interrupted by golden facade parts. In the third and fourth floor of the observation deck, is the largest panoramic painting in the world, recognised by the Guinness Book of World Records, with a height of 18 metres, 164 metres in length and a surface of 3,012 square metres. A steel lattice mast, used for antennas, rises directly from the observation deck roof.
The tower is on a 141-hectare (350-acre) site and has an area of 58,000 square metres. It is designed to radiate up to 36 radio and television services within a radius of 120 kilometres.
- "Henan Province Radio & Television Tower", The Skyscraper Center, Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, retrieved 2012-11-20
- 中原福塔---金鹭鸵鸟园一票通单位介绍 [Tower information] (in Chinese), Zhongyuan Tower official website, retrieved 2012-11-20
- Henan Tower (Tower of Fortune), World Federation of Great Towers, retrieved 2012-11-20
- Zhongyuan Fu Tower, Zhengzhou, China, FBT Electronica, archived from the original on October 4, 2013, retrieved 2012-11-21
- 世界最高全钢塔河南省广播电视发射塔安装完毕 [World's tallest steel Tower in Henan: Province-wide radio and television transmission towers installed] (in Chinese), Dahe Daily, June 8, 2009, retrieved 2012-11-21
- Atlantis Inspired Vision Of Zhengzhou, Skyscrapernews.com, December 11, 2006, retrieved 2012-11-21
- Construction of zhengdong new district, Zheng Dong New District government, retrieved 2012-11-20
- New World Record: Largest Panoramic Painting, NBC News, June 1, 2011, retrieved 2012-11-20
- Zhengzhou TV Tower in Henan (388m)[permanent dead link][dead link], accessed 5 April 2012
- 中原福塔喜捧“詹天佑奖” [Zhongyuan Tower receives "Zhan Tianyou Prize"] (in Chinese), Henan TV, March 30, 2012, retrieved 2012-11-21
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zhongyuan Tower.|