|• Total||7.6071 km2 (2.9371 sq mi)|
|Area rank||Ranked 11th of 12|
|• Rank||Ranked 10th of 12|
|• Density||21,000/km2 (55,000/sq mi)|
|Chengzhong (old name)|
Zhongzheng District is a district in Taipei, Taiwan. It is the home of most of the national government buildings of the Republic of China, this includes the Presidential Office, the Executive Yuan, the Control Yuan, the Legislative Yuan, the Judicial Yuan and various government ministries. This district is named after Generalissimo and the late President of the Republic of China Chiang Kai-shek.
- 1 Culture
- 2 Cultural Institutions and Museums
- 3 Republic of China Government Institutions
- 4 Historic Sites
- 5 Educational Institutions
- 6 Transportation
- 7 Hospitals
- 8 Economy
- 9 Markets
- 10 Gallery
- 11 See also
- 12 References
- 13 External links
The district has many cultural and educational sites including the Taipei Botanical Garden, the National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, the National Museum of History, the Taiwan Museum, the National Central Library, National Theater and Concert Hall, the 228 Memorial Park and the Chinese Taipei Film Archive. Other museums include the Chunghwa Postal Museum, the Taipei City Traffic Museum for Children, and the Taipei Museum of Drinking Water. Much of the Qing-era city of Taipeh lies within this district.
The 228 Memorial Park, formerly known as the New Park, has been a major gathering place for gay men in Taipei city for a long time. Writer Pai Hsien-yung wrote stories that took place in the park. The first Taiwan Pride, the annual gay pride parade, started from the 228 Memorial Park.
High School and college students frequent the area immediately south of the Taipei Train Station in the Zhongzheng District. This area has a high concentration of bookstores, cram schools, learning centers, private tutoring centers and test-prep centers.
Cultural Institutions and Museums
- Evergreen Maritime Museum
- Guling Street Avant-garde Theatre
- Insect Science Museum
- Museum of Drinking Water
- Museum of Medical Humanities
- Nanhai Academy
- National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
- National Central Library
- National Museum of History
- National Taiwan Museum
- National Theater and Concert Hall
- Republic of China Armed Forces Museum
- Republic of China Presidential Museum
- Wellspring Theater
Republic of China Government Institutions
- Presidential Office Building
- Executive Yuan
- Legislative Yuan
- Judicial Yuan
- Control Yuan
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of the Interior
- Ministry of Economic Affairs
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Transportation and Communications
- Ministry of Justice
- Central Bank of the Republic of China (Taiwan)
- Supreme Court of the Republic of China
- Taiwan High Court
- Youth Development Administration
- Central Weather Bureau
- National Immigration Agency
- National Police Agency
- National Development Council
- Bureau of Audiovisual and Music Industry Development
- Bureau of Foreign Trade
- Bureau of Standards, Metrology and Inspection
- Political Warfare Bureau
- Forestry Bureau
- Agriculture and Food Agency
- Taiwan Forestry Research Institute
- Taiwan Railways Administration
- Taipei City Walls
- Zhongshan Hall
- Taipei Post Office
- Taiwan Education Association Building
- 228 Peace Memorial Park
- Taipei Guest House
- National Taiwan Museum
- Monopoly Bureau
- Bank of Taiwan
- Treasure Hill
- Qidong Street Japanese Houses
- Remains of Taipei prison walls
- Taipei Cultural Mosque
- Huashan 1914 Creative Park
- Cafe Astoria
- Qing Dynasty Taiwan Provincial Administration Hall
Universities and Colleges
- University of Taipei
- National Taiwan University School of Law and School of Medicine
- National Chiao Tung University Taipei Campus
- Soochow University Downtown Campus (Soochow University School of Law)
- Chinese Culture University Bo'ai Special Zone Campus
- Chung Hua University Taipei Campus
- National Taipei College of Business
- Taipei Municipal Jianguo High School
- Cheng Kung Senior High School
- Taipei First Girls' High School
- Morrison Academy
Other Educational Institutions
Zhongzheng District has the best transportation links of any district in Taipei. It contains Taipei Main Station, a major bus and rail hub. Taipei Main Station is a major stop on the Taiwan Railway Administration's Western Line, and the northern terminus of the Taiwan High Speed Rail. It is Songshan Line, Xindian Line, Tamsui Line, Xinyi Line, Xinzhuang Line, Zhonghe Line, Nangang Line and Banqiao Line also the interchange between the Taipei Metro, eleven stations of which are located in the city: Zhongxiao Xinsheng, Shandao Temple, Taipei Main Station, Ximen, Xiaonanmen, National Taiwan University Hospital, Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall, Dongmen, Guting, Taipower Building and Gongguan.
- Tai 1 line
- Tai 1a line
- Tai 3 line
- Tai 5 line：Beiji Highway
- Tai 9 line：Beixin Highway
- Xinsheng Elevated Highway
- Civil Blvd Elevated Highway
Two notable hospitals are in this district. One is the National Taiwan University Hospital. The other is the Taipei Municipal Heping (Hoping) Hospital, which was quarantined for being the epicenter of the SARS outbreak in Taiwan.
Several bazaars and traditional markets are scattered throughout the district. This includes streets and alleys associated either as a camera and photography bazaar, clothing bazaar, and traditional produce markets such as the Dongmen Market and the Nanmen Market. The Gongguan Night Market caters to the students of the National Taiwan University. Shopping malls in the district are Guang Hua Digital Plaza and Syntrend Creative Park.
The National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall is located in Zhongzheng District .
A view of Ketagalan Boulevard from the Presidential Building towards the East Gate.
- "Contact Us." Taiwan Railways Administration. Retrieved on March 1, 2014. "ADD: No.3, Beiping W. Rd., Jhongjheng District, Taipei City 100, Taiwan (R.O.C.)(Zip Code10041)" - Address in Chinese: "機關地址：臺北市北平西路三號 （郵遞區號10041）"
- "Chunghwa Telecom 2008 Form 20-F filed with the U.S. SEC." Chunghwa Telecom. Retrieved on June 2, 2010.
- Home page. Chunghwa Telecom. Retrieved on June 2, 2010. "台北市信義路一段21-3號."
- "愛買簡介." Far Eastern Geant. July 10, 2004. Retrieved on October 25, 2012. "100北市延平南路110號5樓"
- "2010 Annual Report[permanent dead link]." Far Eastern Department Stores. p. 62. Retrieved on October 25, 2012. "Far Eastern AI MAI Co., Ltd. 遠百企業股份有限公司 Head Office 總公司 13F, 110 Yen Ping S. Rd., Taipei 100, Taiwan, R.O.C."
- "關於全聯 Archived October 9, 2012, at the Wayback Machine.." Pxmart. Retrieved on October 25, 2012. "聯絡地址 台北市忠孝東路一段86號2樓"
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zhongzheng District, Taipei.|
- "Administrative Districts". 高雄市政府. 30 September 2016. Retrieved 4 April 2017.