Zhou Ping (周平)|
April 24, 1981
|Period||1996 - present|
|Notable works||Please Do Not Fail this Era!|
Zhou Xiaoping (born 24 April 1981) is a Chinese essayist and popular blogger. His most well-known works are Please Do Not Fail this Era!, Young, do you really know about this country?, Where did our heroes go?, and Nine Tricks of the United States Cultural Cold War. He is a supporter of communist party rule and has expressed nationalist, anti-American and anti-Western sentiment. Zhou is noted for praising by Communist Party General Secretary Xi Jinping at a conference on art and literature. Xi lauded Zhou for spreading "positive energy" in 2014. He is a Wumao ( Chinese:五毛).
Zhou was born and raised in Zigong, Sichuan, after junior high school, he started to publish works in 1996. "Cutlassfish Zhou"(周带鱼)(people's daily:cutlassfish braise in soy sauce)became the nickname for his nationalist, pro-Communist, pro-government and anti-American writing. Zhou has been praised by General Secretary Xi Jinping for his "positive energy".
- Please Do Not Fail this Era! (《请不要辜负这个时代》)
- Young, do you really know about this country? (《少年，你真的了解这个国家吗？》)
- Where did our heroes go? (《我们的英雄都去哪儿了》)
- Nine Tricks of the United States Cultural Cold War (《美国对华文化冷战的九大绝招》)
- "座谈会上习近平提到的网络作家是谁？". GMW (in Chinese). 2014-10-19. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- Wang Dehua (2014-10-23). "周小平花千芳，爱国不需要理由" (in Chinese). Xinhuanet. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- People's liberation News (2014-10-23). "请不要辜负"周小平们"" (in Chinese). Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- Lin Zhibo (2014-10-24). "[环球时报]为何有人将周小平视为眼中钉" (in Chinese). Huanqiu.com. Retrieved 2014-11-04.
- "Is this the new face of China's silent majority?". Foreignpolicy.com. 2014.
- "In Defense of Zhou Xiaoping, China's Patriotic Blogger Zhou Xiaoping is a product of the extreme tendencies of both China's supporters and China's critics". The Diplomat. 2014.
- "习近平寄语周小平花千芳：望你们创作更多正能量作品" (in Chinese). Caixin.
- "Cutlassfish Zhou, China Digital Times, Accessed here: http://chinadigitaltimes.net/space/Cutlassfish_Zhou