Zhulkarnain Abdul Rahim
Zhulkarnain bin Abdul Rahim
|ذو القرنين عبدالرحيم|
|Member of Parliament|
for Chua Chu Kang GRC
|Assumed office |
10 July 2020
|Preceded by||Zaqy Mohamad (PAP)|
|Born||1980 (age 41–42)|
|Political party||People's Action Party|
|Alma mater||National University of Singapore (LLB)|
Singapore Management University (LLM)
Zhulkarnain bin Abdul Rahim (Jawi: ذو القرنين عبدالرحيم; born 1980) is a Singaporean politician and lawyer. A member of the governing People's Action Party (PAP), he has been the Member of Parliament (MP) representing the Keat Hong division of Chua Chu Kang GRC since 2020.
Early life and education
Zhulkarnain grew up with five siblings while his father was the sole breadwinner of the family.
He graduated from National University of Singapore with a Bachelor of Laws degree honours in 2005 and subsequently completed a Master of Laws degree in Islamic law and finance in 2013 at the Singapore Management University.
Zhulkarnain is a partner at Dentons Rodyk and Davidson. He was named in the Asian Legal Business ALB 40 under 40 2016 List of the brightest young legal minds in the region and a shortlisted finalist in the 2017 Young Lawyer of the Year category of the ALB South East Asia Law Awards. In 2017, he won the JCI Singapore: Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World Award in the category of Political, Legal and Government Affairs.
Zhulkarnain was fielded in the 2020 general election to contest in Chua Chu Kang GRC on the People's Action Party's (PAP) ticket against the Progress Singapore Party. Zhulkarnain's running mates were Gan Kim Yong, Low Yen Ling, Don Wee. On 11 July 2020, Zhulkarnain was declared an elected Member of Parliament representing Chua Chu Kang GRC in the 14th Parliament after the PAP team in Chua Chu Kang GRC garnered 58.64% of the valid votes. He was then appointed Deputy Chairperson of Home Affairs and Law Government Parliamentary Committee (GPC) in Parliament.
- "MP | Parliament of Singapore".
- "GE2020: PAP's new candidates for Chua Chu Kang GRC come from 'less represented' backgrounds, say their pasts don't define them". TODAYonline. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- "SMU alumni among 93 MPs sworn into 14th Parliament of Singapore". SMU Newsroom. Retrieved 28 August 2020.
- hermesauto (25 June 2020). "Singapore GE2020: PAP introduces most senior crop of election candidates so far, including former IMDA chief". The Straits Times. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- "Zhulkarnain Abdul Rahim". dentons.rodyk.com. Retrieved 28 August 2020.
- "GE2020: Chua Chu Kang GRC's PAP team to face challenge from PSP". CNA. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- hermesauto (11 July 2020). "GE2020 official results: PAP team wins with 58.6% of votes in Chua Chu Kang GRC". The Straits Times. Retrieved 11 July 2020.