|Born||1963 (age 55–56)|
|Nationality||Lebanese and French|
|Occupation||film director and writer|
|Known for||Director of West Beirut and The Insult|
Ziad Doueiri (Arabic: زياد دويري; born 1963) is a Lebanese-born cinematographer, film director and writer. He is best known for his award-winning films West Beirut (1998) and The Insult (2017), a film nominated at the 90th Academy Awards representing Lebanon.
Doueiri left Lebanon during the Lebanese Civil War to study in the United States.
Doueiri worked between Los Angeles and Beirut until not long after September 2011, after which he returned to work from Beirut.
|West Beirut||1998||Drama||Director, writer||Won the Prix François Chalais at the Directors' fortnight of the Cannes Film Festival in 1998.|
|Lila Says||2004||Drama||Director, writer|
|Sleeper Cell||2005||Terror series||Director||Episode "Immigrant"|
|The Attack||2012||Drama, political thriller||Director, writer||An Arab surgeon in Tel Aviv discovers something about his wife after a suicide bombing; based on a novel by Yasmina Khadra|
|2013||Drama, political thriller||Director, writer||French thriller that centers on a retired French diplomat (Gérard Depardieu), secretly sent by the Americans to negotiate an Israeli-Palestinian agreement|
|2016||Political drama||Director||French TV Series (8 episodes)|
Nominated - ACS Award for Best Director
|The Insult||2017||Drama||Director, writer||Nominated for the Academy Award for Best Foreign Language Film|
Doueiri has expressed opposition to boycotts of Israel, and in 2013 defended his decision to shoot a film in Israel featuring Israeli actors. In September 2017, he was questioned in Beirut after returning from the Venice Film Festival. This was in regards to his film The Attack, which was shot in Israel.
Doueiri's brother Rami Doueiri starred in West Beirut.
- زياد دويري وفيلمه المثير للجدل «الهجوم»: قدمت وجهة نظر الاسرائيلي دعما لشرعية الموقف الفلسطيني
- "Ziad Doueiri". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- "Tessalit involved in 'Affaire'". Variety. May 19, 2012. Retrieved 21 June 2012.
- Lebanese Film Director Ziad Doueiri Defends Visit to Israel: Boycott Harms us, Not Israel, MEMRITV, Clip No. 3862, May 24, 2013.
- Deadline Hollywood: ‘The Insult’s Ziad Doueiri Freed By Lebanon Court After Post-Venice Detention
- Tartaglione, Nancy (11 September 2017). "'The Insult' Director Ziad Doueiri Detained In Lebanon After Venice Win". Deadline. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "Lebanese Director Ziad Doueiri Detained in Beirut, Cleared of Charges by Military Tribunal". Variety. 11 September 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- Interview with Ziad Doueiri in Salon 1999-09-09. Retrieved 2010-08-25
- Ziad Doueiri on IMDb
- West Beirut on IMDb
- Lila Says on IMDb
- The Insult on IMDb
|This article about a Lebanese writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Lebanese film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|