Ziad K. Abdelnour
December 3, 1960 |
|Occupation||Author and President & CEO of Blackhawk Partners, Inc|
Ziad K. Abdelnour is a Lebanese-born American investment banker and financier and activist on Lebanon-related issues. He is President & CEO of Blackhawk Partners, Inc., Founder & President of the Financial Policy Council and President & Founder of the U.S Committee for a Free Lebanon. 
Abdelnour was born in Beirut, Lebanon. He received a BS degree in Economics in 1982 from the American University of Beirut an MBA degree in finance at Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania. 
Abdelnour was a founding member of the United States Committee for A Free Lebanon, an immigrant association lobbying the United States government to oppose Syria's influence in Lebanon, supporting the Syria Accountability Act. He supported the neoconservative Middle East Forum, co-authoring a Forum study whose signatories included later George W. Bush administration officials Paula Dobriansky and Douglas Feith.
Following graduation Abdelnour worked as an investment banker at Drexel Burnham Lambert, where he was a successful junk bond trader under Michael Milken. In 2006 he founded his own investment company/private family office after a career on Wall Street trading physical commodities and advising and investing in privately held companies.  
In 2011 he wrote Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics, arguing that governments should focus on wealth creation, not job creation. In early May 2013, the SEC settled a securities case with Abdelnour for a $25,000 fine and a five-year ban from the securities industry.
- "United States Committee for a Free Lebanon". Source Watch. sourcewatch.org. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- Landon Thomas Jr. (August 1, 2006). "From Lebanese- American Financiers, Differing Views on the Strife". The New York Times. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- Levine, Matt (13 May 2013). "Investment In Paranoid Fantasy Of Massive Global Conspiracy Less Lucrative Than Promised". Dealbreaker. Archived from the original on December 29, 2014.
- "Ziad K. Abdelnour". Middle East Radio Forum. Middle East Radio Forum. Retrieved 3 March 2015.
- Amity Shlaes (September 30, 2002). "Freedom for Lebanon". Financial Times. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- "To Beirut with a Bullet: The Armchair Invasion of Ziad Abdelnour". New York Press. September 23, 2003. Archived from the original on April 18, 2009.
- "About Us". Black Hawk Partners. Black Hawk Partners. Retrieved 25 February 2015.
- "Blackhawk Partners and Golden Sea Ways sign a 200 Million Euros Partnership Agreement to Fund". issuu. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Economic Warfare: Secrets of Wealth Creation in the Age of Welfare Politics". wiley. wiley.com. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- Jones, Forrest; Martella, Ashley (December 1, 2011). "Abdelnour: Government Needs to Let Businesses Create Jobs". Moneynews (Newsmax).
- "Customer Reviews". Amazon.com. Amazon. Retrieved 14 April 2015.