|Chancellor||Dr. Asim Hussain|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. Pirzada Qasim|
|Location||Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan|
|Colours||Red and White|
The Ziauddin University (Urdu: جامعہ ضیاء الدین, abbreviated as ZU), is a private research university located in the North Nazimabad suburb of Karachi, Sindh, Pakistan. The university is honored and named after the renowned educationist, Ziauddin Ahmad.
Founded in 1995 by the Ziauddin Group who also managed its research and financial funding, it is one of the premium institutions of higher learning in medical and biological sciences. With a strong emphasis on medical, health, and biomedical engineering, the university offers undergraduate, post-graduate, and doctoral programmes. Due to its health research, it consistently maintained its high-ranking position and currently placed as one of the top institution in "medical category" by the HEC. In addition, its faculty and the university itself has taken initiatives to improve the health care system of Pakistan.
The university's official mission seek to commit to have a futuristic approach in imparting knowledge, skills and service rendered with the highest sense of moral uprightness and social responsibility to the nation, region and the world at large.
- Google maps inc. "Location and address of the Ziauddin University". Google maps inc. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Biography of its benefactor: Ziauddin Ahmad". Biography of its benefactor: Ziauddin Ahmad. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- Ziauddin University Press. "History". Ziauddin University Press. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- HEC. "HEC Institutions rankings". Govt. Pakistan. Higher Education Commission. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- "Mission of ZU". Mission of ZU. Retrieved 31 December 2013.
- About Sir Ziauddin Ahmed
|This Pakistan university, college or other higher education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|