|• Type||Village council|
Zif (Arabic: زيف) is a Palestinian village located 7 kilometers (4.3 mi) south of Hebron. The village is in the Hebron Governorate in the southern West Bank. According to the Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics, Zif had a population of 848 in 2007. The primary health care facilities in the village itself are designated by the Ministry of Health as level 1 and at nearby Yatta as level 3.
Zif had a Jewish population until at least the 4th-century, but it became Christian during the Byzantine period.
- 2007 PCBS Census Palestinian Central Bureau of Statistics. p.119.
- West Bank Health care
- The Archaeology of the Early Islamic Settlement in Palestine. Eisenbrauns. p. 94. ISBN 978-1-4575-0070-1. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- Robinson and Smith, 1842, vol 2, pp. 191, 195, 200
- Palestine Exploration Fund. January 1886. 1886. Retrieved 5 June 2011.
- Conder, Claude Reignier; Kitchener, H. H. (1883). The Survey of Western Palestine: Memoirs of the Topography, Orography, Hydrography, and Archaeology 3. London: Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (pp. 315, 379)
- Guérin, Victor (1869). Description Géographique Historique et Archéologique de la Palestine (in French). 1: Judee, pt. 3. Paris: L'Imprimerie Nationale.
- Palmer, E. H. (1881). The Survey of Western Palestine: Arabic and English Name Lists Collected During the Survey by Lieutenants Conder and Kitchener, R. E. Transliterated and Explained by E.H. Palmer. Committee of the Palestine Exploration Fund. (p. 408)
- (1885): Quarterly statement - Palestine Exploration Fund Volume: 17-18
- Robinson, Edward; Smith, Eli (1841). Biblical Researches in Palestine, Mount Sinai and Arabia Petraea: A Journal of Travels in the year 1838 2. Boston: Crocker & Brewster.
- Zif Village | قرية زيف on Facebook
- Zif Village (Fact Sheet)
- Zif Village Profile
- Zif Areal Photo
- The priorities and needs for development in Zif village based on the community and local authorities’ assessment
- SWP map 21, IAA
- SWP map 21, Wikimedia commons
|This geography of Palestine article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|