Ziglar in March 2009
November 6, 1926|
Coffee County, Alabama, US
|Died||November 28, 2012
Plano, Texas, US
|Cause of death||Pneumonia|
|Resting place||McKinney, Texas|
|Other names||Hilary Hinton Ziglar|
|Alma mater||University of South Carolina|
|Occupation||Salesman, motivational speaker, author|
|Spouse(s)||Jean Ziglar (married 1946–2012, his death)|
Suzan Ziglar Witmeyer (died 1995)
Early life and education
In 1931, when Ziglar was five years old, his father took a management position at a Mississippi farm, and his family moved to Yazoo City, Mississippi, where he spent most of his early childhood. The next year, his father died of a stroke, and his younger sister died two days later.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2015)|
Ziglar later worked as a salesman in a succession of companies. In 1968, he became a vice president and training director for the Automotive Performance company and moved to Dallas, Texas.
Ziglar, a Baptist, integrated Christianity into his motivational work. He was also a Republican who endorsed the former Governor of Arkansas Mike Huckabee for his party's presidential nomination in 2008.
- Ziglar, Zig (1975). See You at the Top. Gretna: Pelican Pub. Co. ISBN 0-88289-126-X. Pelican publisher Milburn E. Calhoun reported his greatest success with See You at the Top, which had been initially rejected by some 30 publishers.
- Ziglar, Zig (1978). Confessions Of A Happy Christian. Gretna: Pelican Pub. Co. ISBN 0-88289-196-0.
- Ziglar, Zig (1982). Zig Ziglar's Secrets of Closing the Sale. New York: Berkley Books. ISBN 0-425-08102-8.
- Ziglar, Zig (1985). Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World. Nashville: Oliver Nelson. ISBN 0-8407-9039-2.
- Ziglar, Zig (1986). Top Performance: How to Develop Excellence in Yourself and Others. New York: Berkley Books. ISBN 0-425-09973-3.
- Ziglar, Zig (1994). Over the Top. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers. ISBN 0-8407-9112-7.
- Ziglar, Zig (1998). Success for Dummies. Foster City, Calif: IDG Books. ISBN 0-7645-5061-6.
- Ziglar, Zig & Hayes, John P. (2001). Network Marketing For Dummies. Foster City, Calif: IDG Books. ISBN 0-7645-5292-9.
- Ziglar, Zig (2003). Selling 101: What Every Successful Sales Professional Needs to Know. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers. ISBN 0-7852-6481-7.
- Ziglar, Zig (2004). Confessions of a Grieving Christian. Nashville: B&H Publishing Group. ISBN 0-8054-2745-7.
- Ziglar, Zig (2004). The Autobiography of Zig Ziglar. New York: Random House. ISBN 0-385-50297-4.
- Ziglar, Zig (2006). Better Than Good: Creating a Life You Can't Wait to Live. Nashville: Thomas Nelson Publishers. ISBN 978-0-7852-8919-7.
- Ziglar, Zig & Ziglar, Julie Norman (2009). Embrace the Struggle: Living Life on Life's Terms. New York: Howard Books. ISBN 978-1-4391-4219-6.
- Ziglar, Zig & Ziglar, Tom (2012). Born to Win: Find Your Success Code. Dallas: SUCCESS Media. ISBN 9780983156512.
- Johnson, Cecil (March 28, 2004). "Memoir Zigzags Through Life Of Salesman, Speaker". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Casey, Erin. "Zig Ziglar's Lessons From The Top". Success Magazine. Retrieved October 28, 2008.
- "Red Phillips, 'Zig Ziglar, R.I.P.', November 29, 2012". Conservative Times. Retrieved December 11, 2012.
- Lynch, Rene (November 28, 2012). "Zig Ziglar dies at 86; motivational speaker inspired millions". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved January 28, 2014.
- Calhoun, Milburn E. "Obituary: Zig Ziglar", Monroe News Star, 11 January 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zig Ziglar.|
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Zig Ziglar|