|Opened||24 June 2012|
|Architect||Benthem Crouwel Architekten|
Ziggo Dome is a 17,000-seat multi-use indoor arena in Amsterdam, Netherlands. It is named after the Dutch cable TV provider Ziggo. In 2014, the Ziggo Dome Awards were announced, recognizing artists who performed at the arena.
- Marco Borsato was the first artist to perform at the Dome on June 24, 2012 with his "Dichtbij" tour. The American rock band Pearl Jam was the first foreign artist to play in the Ziggo Dome; they played two shows in June 2012 as part of their European tour.
- Madonna performed 2 sold-out shows for her highly anticipated MDNA Tour on July 7 and 8, 2012, and will perform 2 other sold-out shows for her Rebel Heart Tour on December 5 and 6, 2015.
- Lady Gaga performed 2 sold-out shows on 17 & 18 September 2012 for her The Born This Way Ball Tour. She sold-out the venue for the third time as she performed for her fourth world tour, ArtRave: The Artpop Ball on September 24, 2014.
- British rock band Muse performed one sold out show at the venue as part of their The 2nd Law World Tour.
- American R&B singer Beyoncé performed two back-to-back sold out shows at the venue on 21 and 22 April 2013, as part of her Mrs. Carter Show World Tour. The singer will return to the venue for two more shows, on 18 and 19 March 2014.
- One Direction performed in the Dome on 3 May 2013 as a part of their Take Me Tome World Tour. That show was sold out in less than 15 minutes and everyone wore orange.
- The Ziggo Dome also hosted the hardstyle event 'Headhunterz: Hard With Style' presented by the entertainment enterprise Q-dance as well as continuing to host Q-dance's annual event "Qapital" and "Freaqshow".
- The 2013 MTV Europe Music Awards where held here on 10 November 2013.
- The original name of the arena was "Music Dome". During construction, in 2009, the naming rights have been sold to Ziggo, the largest cable TV provider in The Netherlands. This is remarkable since cable TV service in the Amsterdam region is being provided exclusively by Ziggo's competitor UPC (a subsidiary of Libert Global).
- Miley Cyrus performed in the Dome on 22 June 2014 as part of her 2014 "BANGERZ World Tour". This was Cyrus' first concert in the Netherlands.
- Enrique Iglesias performed in the Dome on 18 November 2014 as a part of his Sex and Love Tour, whereas Demi Lovato served as his opening act (her performance was part of the European leg of her Demi World Tour).
- Dutch megastar DJ Armin van Buuren sold out four shows for his Intense world tour on 15 and 16 November 2013, including an additional two closing tour shows for 5 and 6 December 2014.
- The kick-off of Hardwell's world tour 'I AM Hardwell – United We Are' was held on 23 and 24 January 2015 in the Ziggo Dome.
- The Script performed on 20 and 21 March 2015 in the Ziggo Dome as a part of their No Sound Without Silence Tour.
- 5 Seconds of Summer performed in the Ziggo Dome as a part of their first headlining tour, Rock Out with Your Socks Out Tour, in 2015 on 20 May.
- Fleetwood Mac performed two sold out shows on 31 May and 1 June in the European leg of the On with the show tour. Earlier, on 7 October and 26 October 2013 they also played two sold out shows as part of their Fleetwood Mac Live Tour.
- Taylor Swift will be performing in the Ziggo Dome on 21 June 2015 as part of her The 1989 World Tour.
- U2 performed in the Ziggo Dome on 8, 9, 12 and 13 September 2015 as part of their Innocence + Experience Tour.
The legendary Neil Diamond performed two sold-out shows on 25 & 27 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ziggo Dome.|