|Founded||1969*, *as an air operator|
|Focus cities||Luanda, Hassi Messaoud, Juba|
|Company slogan||40 years of experience|
|Headquarters||Zurich Airport Glattbrugg, Switzerland|
|Key people||Hugo Kopp, CEO|
Zimex Aviation Ltd. is an airline based in Glattbrugg, Switzerland. It provides aircraft leases worldwide to the oil and mining industries and to humanitarian organisations. Its main base is at Oued Irara - Krim Belkacem Airport which is an airport serving Hassi Messaoud, a city in the Ouargla Province of eastern Algeria.
The airline was established and started operations in 1969.
On October 14, 1987, a Lockheed L-100-30 - a civilian variant of the military transport plane C-130 Hercules - was shot down in Angola. It was operated on behalf of the International Committee of the Red Cross.
In October 1999, Zimex Aviation Group was sold to a Swiss investor group.
The Zimex Aviation fleet comprises the following aircraft (as of August 2016):
|De Havilland DHC-6-300 Twin Otter||10||—|
|Viking DHC-6-400 Twin Otter||1||—|
The Zimex Aviation fleet previously included the following aircraft (as of August 2006):
- 2 further De Havilland Canada DHC-6-300 Twin Otter
- 5 Pilatus PC6 Turbo Porter
- 3 further Beechcraft 1900D
- 1 further Viking DHC-6-400 Twin Otter]].
- "How to find us Archived October 28, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.." direct image link Archived July 7, 2011, at the Wayback Machine. - Zimex Aviation. Retrieved on 8 December 2010. "Zimex Aviation Ltd. Cherstrasse 4 P.O. Box 8152 Glattbrugg Switzerland"
- Criminal Occurrence description
- "Global Airline Guide 2016 (Part Two)". Airliner World (November 2016): 33.
- "Zimex Aviation fleet details". Airfleets.net. Retrieved 23 October 2016.
- Flight International, 3–9 October 2006
- News releases: Viking Air Archived May 6, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article relating to a European airline is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Swiss corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Switzerland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|