|Industry||Computer software, Security software, Mobile Security|
|Genre||Mobile Threat Detection|
|Founders||Itzhak Avraham, Elia Yehuda|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, Dallas, United States|
|Shridhar Mittal (CEO), Zuk Avraham (Chairman)|
Zimperium, Inc. is a privately owned mobile security company based in the United States, with offices in Dallas, Texas and San Francisco, California. The company is known for developing several mobile threat defense software solutions.
Zimperium, Ltd. was founded in 2010 by its Chairman and CTO Itzhak Avraham. In 2012, Elia Yehuda, joined as a co-founder. In 2013, the assets of Zimperium, Ltd. were acquired by Zimperium, Inc., and the new company was incorporated in Delaware. In 2014, Zimperium, Inc. released zIPS Android app (Intrusion Prevention System), a smartphone software that uses Machine learning to monitor user habits to detect and prevent possible Phone hacking. In 2015, Zimperium, Inc. researched and developed security systems against a group of software bugs that affect a series of Android operating systems called Stagefright (bug).
In 2016, the company partnered with BlackBerry. The partnership consisted in integration of zIPS by Zimperium for enhancing Mobile security on iOS and Android platforms. Zimperium, Inc. has raised over $60M from private investors including Samsung, Telstra, Sierra Ventures, SoftBank and Warburg Pincus. The company has partnered with several technology companies including Softbank Group, Deutsche Telekom, Telstra, SmarTone, Oracle, Microsoft and MobileIron.
Zimperium, Inc is a global company with hundreds of customers. Customers include enterprises of all sizes, large federal and local government agencies, leading mobile operators and major OEM partners.
- "Zimperium". Bloomberg.
- "At least 10 million Android users imperiled by popular AirDroid app". Arstechnica.
- "BlackBerry Collaborates with Zimperium on Mobile Security". Nasdaq.
- "BlackBerry Ltd (NASDAQ:BBRY) & Opexa Therapeutics Inc (NASDAQ:OPXA) Stocks to Keep Your Eyes on". NewsIsMoney.
- "Zimperium Takes Aim at Mobile Security". eSecurity Planet.
- "BlackBerry to Resell App from Startup That Found Major Android Bug". Fortune.
- "Zimperium Raises $25M for Mobile Security Tech". eWeek.
- "Mobile Software Learns Your Phone's Habits to Catch New Malware". Technology Review.
- "Zimperium releases Android Stagefright exploit code for testing". SC Magazine.
- "Stagefright: It Only Takes One Text To Hack 950 Million Android Phones". Forbes.
- "Stagefright: new Android vulnerability dubbed 'heartbleed for mobile'". The Guardian.
- "BlackBerry Teams With Zimperium on Mobile Threat Protection". Security Week.
- "BlackBerry Aims to Increase Mobile Security, Partners With Zimperium". Solutions Review.
- "Zimperium". Crunchbase.
- "Zimperium Raises $8M For Mobile Security That Turns The Tables On Attackers". TechCrunch.
- "Mobile security startup Zimperium scores $25 million". TechCrunch.
- "SoftBank partners with Zimperium to offer mobile security solutions in Japan". ZDNET.