|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Founder||Kevin McCurdy, Rich Maggiotto|
|Headquarters||New York City, NY, U.S.|
Kelly Conlin (CEO)
Number of employees
Founded in 2001 by Kevin McCurdy, Zinio is headquartered in New York City and has offices in Barcelona, London, San Francisco, Paris, and Ho Chi Minh. Since 2007, the company has been privately held by Gilvest LP, an investment entity owned by entrepreneur and businessman David Gilmour.
The company previously owned BlueDolphin, a magazine subscription company, but this was sold in January 2007 to M2 Media Group.
The Zinio service includes the sections "Explore", "Read", and "Shop". More than 3,000 articles are available daily through the website or smartphone/tablet apps. Magazines—single issues and subscriptions—are downloaded to the reading list, and available via app or web browser. Issues can be downloaded and read offline on mobile devices as well.
In the Shop section, users can browse the digital newsstand by category or search directly for a magazine title or keyword. The search filters can be set for country (Canada, UK, US, and more) of publication, language, and date of publication. Zinio readers can sign into their Zinio accounts with their Facebook logins and share articles from the Zinio app.
Platforms and availability
Material hosted by Zinio can be read on a computer or device running a Web browser and with Adobe Flash installed, and by apps for Android devices, the Apple iPad and iPhone, Windows 8, and Windows RT. Before 2012[update] the Zinio Reader was not compatible with Windows Mobile, Blackberry (or other PDA's) or reading devices such as the Sony Reader, Nooks or original Kindle, although the company planned to include more mobile devices. An app for the BlackBerry PlayBook became available in 2012. A user's reading list is accessible through any device set up with their Zinio account.
- Apple Newsstand (application)
- Flipster by Ebsco
- Google Play Newsstand
- NewspaperDirect's PressReader
- "Zinio Named Best iOS Magazine App During The Best App Ever Awards At The Mobile World Congress". www.zinio.com. 28 February 2013. Archived from the original on 2013-03-09.
- "Empresa | Revistas digitales y eBooks de Zinio". Es.zinio.com. Retrieved 2013-06-14.
- "Zinio partly dismantled, and sold to Gilvest". Venture Beat. 13 February 2007. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "M2 Media Group acquires online magazine BlueDolphin.com". Venture Beat. 21 January 2007. Retrieved 2 January 2013.
- "About". www.zinio.com. Archived from the original on 2013-04-15.
- Zinio FAQs