Zlatan Stipišić Gibonni
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (June 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Zlatan Stipišić Gibonni|
Gibonni performing live, September 2007.
|Birth name||Zlatan Stipišić|
|Also known as||Gibonni|
|Born||August 13, 1968|
|Genres||Rock, Pop, Heavy Metal, Disco, Dance, Pop-rock, Folk-rock|
|Associated acts||Osmi putnik, Divlje jagode|
Born in a family with a strong musical tradition (his father, Ljubo Stipišić, was a well-known composer), Zlatan Stipišić, who later embraced the nickname Gibonni, began his career in the 1980s with the heavy metal band Osmi putnik. After the group disbanded, Stipišić joined Divlje jagode, recording few demo tapes before disbanding. It was Zele Lipovača, the lead guitarist of Jagode, who gave Stipišić the nickname Gibonni.
Gibonni started his solo career in the 1990s with songs that combined elements of rock, modern pop and Dalmatian folk songs. He soon created a huge following, especially among Croatian youth. Gibonni's popularity continued to grow beyond Croatia and he is currently one of the most popular and influential musicians in the territories of former Yugoslavia.
Gibonni wrote the song "Cesarica" for Oliver Dragojević, which became one of Oliver's signature hit songs and one of the most popular and well known songs in Croatia.
In 2003 Zlatan Stipišić was appointed a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador. He is involved in many humanitarian concerts and organizations fighting hunger and poverty. Gibonni has three children: daughter Tanja was born in 1996 and son Rando was born in 1998. It is believed that his name Rando (short from 'random') comes from Gibonni's indeterminacy to give him a name. That indeterminacy is shown again in August 2005, when his third child was born, and had no name for several months, until finally he was given the name Lorenzo.
Gibonni released his long awaited and critically appraised album Unca fibre in May 2006 after a five-year period following his award-winning album Mirakul. In 2010 he released the album Toleranca, and in 2013, he released 20th Century Man, sung entirely in English. This album was used partially as a fundraiser for SOS children's village. 
In 2016, Gibonni released the Album Familija, which was made in collaboration with Oliver, featuring 10 tracks. Soon afterwards, Gibonni released his Best of Collection consisting of his most popular songs, including some from his early 90s career.
- 1991 Sa mnom ili bez mene, Croatia Records
- 1993 Noina arka, Croatia Records
- 1994 Kruna od perja, Croatia Records
- 1995 Koncert (live album), Croatia Records
- 1997 Ruža vjetrova, Croatia Records
- 1999 Judi, zviri i beštimje Dallas Records
- 1999 24 karata / 18 Velikih, Croatia Records
- 2000 HTisdn Millennium Koncert (DVD, live album), Dallas Records
- 2001 Mirakul, Dallas Records
- 2003 Svi moji punti kad se zbroje (box set), Dallas Records
- 2004 ZG Mirakul live (DVD, live album), Dallas Records
- 2006 Unca fibre, Dallas Records
- 2006 The platinum collection, Croatia Records
- 2007 Acoustic:Electric (live album), Dallas Records
- 2008 Acoustic:Electric special Christmas limited edition, Dallas Records
- 2010 Toleranca, Dallas Records
- 2013 20th Century Man, Dallas Records
- 2016 Familija, Aquarius Records 
- 2016 Best of Collection, Croatia Records 
- Lonely Planet Croatia by Vesna Maric. Page 48.
- Ovo sigurno niste znali o Gibonniju. dnevnik.hr. Retrieved April 14, 2012.