Zlatarski International School
|This article does not cite any sources. (October 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The English-using school was founded in 1995, and became an authorized IB school in 2003. The first IB examinations took place in 2005. The authorisation committees of the IBO gave a high grade for the academic standard, the teachers, the campus facilities and the atmosphere of the school.
Founded in 1995, Zlatrski International School of Sofia offers a program of studies for boys and girls aged 14–19. 300 students from grades 8 to 12 attend the school. The 2006/2007 school year marks the graduation of the school's eighth graduating class.
- Founded 1995,
- Accredited by the IBO in 2003,
- Zlatarski School is accredited by the Bulgarian Ministry of Education and Science and the International Baccalaureate Organization,
- In 2005/2006 there were 230 students, ranging in age 14-19. 90% were Bulgarian students and 10% were international students from Australia, Czech Republic, China, Hungary, Israel, Korea, Russia, Serbia and Montenegro, Slovenia, Syria, Turkey and the United Kingdom,
- Students receive two diplomas - the Bulgarian Diploma and the International Baccalaureate Diploma,
- The International Baccalaureate Diploma was earned by 95% of those who were full candidates in 2005 and 99% of all Zlatarski School students went on to higher education,
- There are 43 teachers and 11 staff from Bulgaria, the United Kingdom, Russia and the United States,
- Class sizes range from 14-20,
- The school is situated in a park in Durvenitsa, Sofia. There are classrooms, laboratories, a library, a computer laboratory, administrative offices, a gym, a cafeteria, playgrounds, outside basketball and volleyball courts and a soccer field.
- The student/teacher ratio is 5 to 1
- Bulgarian for Foreigners is offered to non-Bulgarian students, who wish to enhance their understanding of the Bulgarian language. English Language Support is available for non-native speakers. University counseling is available.
- The school runs an after-school activity programme for all grades. Activities are offered on Mondays and Fridays. Students can choose up two activities a week.
- There are six school buses. Zlatarski School is reached by public transport: buses: No 88, 123, 280, 413 and minibuses: 1, 5, 6, 23, 27, 29, 36, 45 and 47.
- Zlatarski School has a professional security force operating at all times.