ZmEu is a computer vulnerability scanner which searches for web servers that are open to attack through the phpMyAdmin program,   It also attempts to guess SSH passwords through brute-force methods, and leaves a persistent backdoor. It was developed in Romania and was especially common in 2012.
- "Fortinet®'s FortiGuard Threat Landscape Research Team Reports Four Samples of Money Making Malware to Watch for in 2013 | Fortinet". Archived from the original on August 30, 2014. Retrieved September 29, 2014.
- "Hacktivists Turn to ZmEu Scanning Tool to Compromise Websites, Fortinet Finds". 5 February 2013.
- "ZmEu attacks: Some basic forensic". 24 February 2011.
- "Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting".
- "Attacks by ZmEu or w00tw00t robots". 21 July 2010.