Zmanda Recovery Manager
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|License||GNU General Public License|
Zmanda Recovery Manager (ZRM) for MySQL is used by MySQL DBAs to do backup and recovery of live MySQL databases, which can be either local or remote. ZRM uses the most appropriate backup method based on the particular storage engine being used by MySQL, or the particular storage infrastructure being used (e.g., it can use snapshots for instant full backups if LVM, ZFS, NetApp or VxFS are being used).
Zmanda offers three versions of ZRM for MySQL: the ZRM Enterprise edition, the ZRM Cluster edition and the ZRM Community edition. The Enterprise edition includes a graphical installer, Zmanda Management Console (ZMC), command-line interface and plugin framework. The Community edition is a freely downloadable subset of the Enterprise edition, licensed under the GNU GPLv2. It supports LVM snapshots, but does not include the ZMC or the graphical installer.
ZRM server runs on Windows, Solaris and most Linux distributions, including Red Hat and Ubuntu. When backing up MySQL databases on Solaris, ZRM is able to take benefit of snapshot feature of ZFS 
Integration with other software
ZRM has been integrated:
- By Zmanda for use with Tivoli Storage Manager via a MySQL Database backup agent
- By VM Farms for use with XtraDB database engine
- ZRM is integrated with Symantec NetBackup software, providing a MySQL backup agent for NetBackup.
- Simplifying Backups with Zmanda Recovery Manager. Technetra (2008-10-05). Retrieved on 2013-09-04.
- Zmanda Recovery Manager - Linux Links - The Linux Portal Site. Linux Links (2013-04-21). Retrieved on 2013-09-04.
- "Hands-on review of Zmanda Recovery Manager for MySQL." Retrieved on June 28, 2009.
- "Linux Journal review of ZRM on Ubuntu."
- "Sun/Oracle Whitepaper on ZRM on Solaris based Storage."
- "Zmanda Recovery Manager for MySQL - Tivoli Storage Manager Option (ZRM-TSM Option)."
- Home. VM Farms. Retrieved on 2013-09-04.
- Percona XtraDB Software - Enhanced InnoDB for MySQL. Percona.com. Retrieved on 2013-09-04.
- hany55/zrm-xtradb-backup-plugin · GitHub. Github.com. Retrieved on 2013-09-04.