Zoë Foster Blake
Zoë Foster Blake
Zoë Foster Blake
28 July 1980
|Occupation||Chief Executive Officer and Founder Go-To Skin Care|
|Home town||Bundanoon, New South Wales|
Hamish Blake (m. 2012)
Zoë Foster (born 28 July 1980) is an Australian author, columnist, magazine editor, and cosmetics entrepreneur.
Foster Blake has published work in magazines since 2002. She was deputy editor of Mania Magazine, Smash Hits Magazine, and beauty director at Cosmopolitan Magazine, Harper’s BAZAAR, and editor in chief of beauty website PRIMPED.com.au. In addition, she has written the relationship advice column for Cosmopolitan since 2009, and wrote columns for Sunday Style magazine from 2013 until 2015. She started a beauty blog called fruitybeauty in 2006, and in 2015 merged with her new site, zotheysay.com.
She launched a break-up app called Break-Up Boss in April 2017, featuring illustrations by Mari Andrew, which donates 10% of every sale to Safe Steps. She published the Break-Up Boss book in April 2018.
She is an ambassador for the Australian Orangutan Project and works with them to raise awareness of this endangered species. She is also an ambassador for Look Good Feel Better, a charity that offers free beauty workshops for women undergoing cancer treatment.
Foster Blake has written nine books. Three non-fiction: Amazing Face, a beauty tips and tricks guide, and Textbook Romance, a relationship advice book for young women co-authored with her husband Hamish Blake, and Break-Up Boss, which offers practical advice for the brokenhearted. She has also published four novels: Air Kisses, Playing The Field, The Younger Man and The Wrong Girl.. In 2017 she published her first children’s picture book, No One Likes a Fart. It is the fastest selling picture book in the history of Nielsen Bookscan, and won the 2018 Australian Book Industry (ABIA) Awards Children’s Picture Book of the Year.
- (2009) Air Kisses. Penguin Books Australia. ISBN 978-0749007270.
- (2011) Playing The Field. Penguin Books Australia. ISBN 978-1921518010.
- (2011) Amazing Face: clever beauty tricks, should-own products + spectacularly useful how-to-do-its. Penguin Books Australia. ISBN 978-0670075256.
- (2012) The Younger Man. Penguin Books Australia. ISBN 9781921518607.
- (2014) Textbook Romance. (co-authored with Hamish Blake). Penguin Books Australia. ISBN 978-0143009474.
- (2014) The Wrong Girl. Penguin Books Australia. ISBN 978-1921901270
- (2016) Amazinger Face. Penguin Books Australia ISBN 9780670078233
- (2017) No One Likes A Fart. Penguin Books Australia ISBN 9780143786603
- (2018) Break-Up Boss. Penguin Books Australia ISBN 9780143785620
- (2019) Love! An Enthusiastic and Modern Perspective on Matters of the Heart. Penguin Books Australia ISBN 9780143788775
In 2012 Foster Blake married Australian TV and radio personality Hamish Blake in a private ceremony at Wolgan Valley, New South Wales, Australia. They have one son, Sonny Donald Blake, born 10 May 2014 and one daughter, Rudy Hazel Blake, born 17 July 2017, who was publicly announced on 3 February 2017.
- "Under the Covers with Zoe Foster". ABC News (Australia). 5 February 2013. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Author and columnist Zoe Foster is the latest Aussie celeb to voice concern for the orangutan species, joining The Orangutan Project (TOP) this month as our newest ambassador". The Orangutan Project. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "List of Patron & Ambassadors". Look Good Feel Better. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Hardy, Karen (23 March 2014). "Zoe Foster: big change - no change: Becoming a mum won't keep Zoe the writer out of the single girl arena". The Sydney Morning Hearld. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Miller, Megean (3 March 2012). "Why Zoe Foster's the 'It girl'". Herald Sun. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "2018 ABIA Winners". Retrieved 2018-05-28.
- "Zoe Foster on Penguin Books Australia". Penguin Books Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Zoe Foster Blake on Expedia Australia". Expedia Australia (official website). Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Kalina, Paul (19 November 2015). "Survivor, Offspring, dating and reality franchises: TEN sets a course for 2016". The Age. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- Staff Writer, Ten Insider (19 November 2015). "The Wrong Girl: New Aussie Drama on TEN". Ten Play - Ten Insider. Ten Network Holdings Limited. Retrieved 14 June 2016.
- Go-To Skin Care
- Brain, Anna (22 March 2014). "Zoë Foster-Blake makes her mark far beyond her funnyman husband Hamish's shadow". Hearld Sun. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Heath, Nicola (17 December 2012). "Hamish Blake and Zoe Foster: wedding details". Yahoo! 7 Australia. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- Lee-Longhetti, Chloe (11 May 2014). "Zoe Foster Blake and husband Hamish welcome baby boy Sonny in time for Mother's Day". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 17 April 2015.
- "Zoe Foster Blake and Hamish Blake having second baby, share news 'Beyonce style'". News.com.au. 3 February 2017.