This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Oakland, California, USA|
|Genres||Indie folk, folk pop, dark cabaret|
|Years active||2006–present (hiatus)|
|Associated acts||The Dresden Dolls, Amanda Palmer, Kim Boekbinder, Zoe Boekbinder|
Vermillion Lies were a cabaret band from Oakland, California. The band consisted of sisters Kim Boekbinder and Zoe Boekbinder. They are known for incorporating elements of circus and folk into their music. The band stated on their website on August 7, 2009: "Our exciting news today is that Vermillion Lies is giving way to two solo careers! We will still be playing some shows together as Vermillion Lies, but most of our energies and attentions will be going to our solo music at this time."
Kim Boekbinder now performs as The Impossible Girl. Zoe Boekbinder made the album Darling Specimens and Artichoke Perfume and performs with other artists and under her own name.
- Separated by Birth (2006), Label: A Small Tribe Records, ASIN: B000HD1MZW
- What's in the Box? (2008), MP3, self-released, ASIN: B001BL2JFQ
- Scream-Along EP (2007)
- In New Orleans 7" vinyl (2008)
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Artist spotlight: Vermillion Lies, December 14, 2008, ReGenMagazine
- 'Twisted' Sisters; Vermillion Lies brings originality and spunk to something like folk music., Monterey County Weekly, May 12, 2005
- "Top ten reasons we love Vermillion Lies.", Curve, November 1, 2007