This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: the article has content which is finished. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founder||Sridhar Vembu |
|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Number of employees
Zoho Corporation is an Indian software development company. The focus of Zoho Corporation lies in web-based business tools and information technology, including an office tools suite, Internet of things management platform, and a suite of IT management software. The company was founded in 1996 by Sridhar Vembu and Tony Thomas in Pleasanton, California, and now has offices in seven countries with its global headquarters in Chennai.
From 1996 to 2009, the company was known as AdventNet, Inc.
AdventNet expanded operations into Japan in June, 2001. Zoho CRM was released in 2005, followed by the releases of Projects, Creator and Sheet in 2006. Zoho expanded into the collaboration space with the release of Zoho Docs and Zoho Meeting in 2007. In 2008 the company added invoicing and mail applications, and claims to have reached 10 lakh (1 million) users by August of that year.
Each year since 2005, Zoho has released additional applications, and in 2017 released Zoho One, a comprehensive suite of 40+ Zoho Applications.
Zoho is headquartered in Chennai, Tamil Nadu and as of 2019 has 12 offices around the world. Its US headquarters is currently in Pleasanton, California  with plans to move to Austin, Texas by 2021. The research and development campus is in Estancia IT Park, Chennai. Zoho has an office at Tenkasi in Tirunelveli District, Tamil Nadu, from where their product Zoho Desk was built and launched. The company operates in China and also has offices in Singapore and Japan. The bulk of its support operations are carried out from its office in Chennai.Zoho also has an office in Renigunta, Andhra Pradesh and has been operating from this office since 2018.
- Palliyalil, Rasheed (13 December 2018). "Zoho Analytics offers data auto-blending and AI-powered assistance for making smarter business decisions". Thomson Reuters Zawya. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "How Sridhar Vembu's Zoho Corporation changed avatars since its inception in 1996 as AdventNet". The Economic Times. 2011-11-18. Retrieved 2019-08-30.
- Arakali, Harichandan (6 June 2016). "The Bootstrapped Buddhist: How Sridhar Vembu built Zoho". Forbes India. Archived from the original on 21 October 2016. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- Kumar, K. Bharat (2016-05-08). "The maverick who shuns investors". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- "About Zoho - Our Story, List of Products". Zoho Corporation. Retrieved 28 December 2018.
- "Cloud services firm Zoho to shift U.S. headquarters". The Hindu. 2019-07-15. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2019-07-22.
- Cantu, Tony (April 9, 2019). "California Software Firm Zoho To Move Headquarters To Austin". Patch Media. Retrieved April 10, 2019.
- "How Zoho Aims To Put Tenkasi On The Map With Zoho Desk-A Product Built In The Downtown Of Nowhere". Inc42. 22 November 2016.
- D'Monte, Leslie (24 November 2014). "Is Zoho the future of enterprise software?". Livemint. HT Media Ltd. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
Developers at zoho’s office in Ramapuram, Chennai. Zoho has around 2,600 employees, of which about 96% are based in India.
- "Zoho Corporation eyes 100 million users of its products in five years". Financial Express. 8 August 2015. Retrieved 5 August 2015.
- "Zoho Corporation opens office at Renigunta". The Hindu Business Line. 13 January 2018.
- Stross, Randall (April 4, 2009). "Web-Based Competition for Microsoft Word". The New York Times. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- "Zoho CRM Upgrade Targets Salesforce". InformationWeek. October 30, 2016. Retrieved November 7, 2016.
- "Zoho scores big with India-made software, but shuns IPO and venture capital". Hindustan Times. November 14, 2014. Retrieved November 7, 2016.