Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Satyajit Bhatkal|
|Screenplay by||Satyajit Bhatkal|
Svati Chakravarty Bhatkal
|Story by||Satyajit Bhatkal|
Svati Chakravarty Bhatkal
|Edited by||Suresh Pai|
|Distributed by||UTV Motion Pictures|
Zokkomon is 2011 Indian Hindi-language superhero film released by Disney World Cinema, written and directed by Satyajit Bhatkal. Starring Darsheel Safary in the lead role, Zokkomon is Disney's fourth involvement in a production for the Indian market (after the computer-animated Roadside Romeo, Tollywood movie Anaganaga O Dheerudu and the live-action Do Dooni Chaar). The music has been composed by Shankar Ehsaan Loy.
- Darsheel Safary as Kunal / Zokkomon
- Manjari Phadnis as Kittu
- Anupam Kher as Deshraj (Kunal's uncle) / Dr Vivek Roy
- Atisha Naik
- Sheeba Chaddha
- S. M. Zaheer
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||25 March 2011|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Eena Meena Myna Mo"||Javed Akhtar||Yashita Yashpal|
|4.||"Tum Bin Yeh Dil Ghabraye"||Javed Akhtar||Shaan|
|5.||"Zokkomon"||Javed Akhtar||Shankar Mahadevan|
|6.||"Zokkomon - I"||Javed Akhtar||Alyssa Mendonsa, Shankar Mahadevan|
The film was released by Buena Vista Home Entertainment on DVD, digital Download, and on demand on 26 July 2011. The release will be produced in DVD widescreen and include a Hindi language track plus English subtitles.
Zokkomon has received favorable reviews from film critics. Los Angeles Times film critic Kevin Thomas describes Zokkomon as a "lively and engaging family film" that has "more substance and cohesiveness than much Bollywood fare." Robert Koehler of Variety calls the production package under Satyajit Bhatkal's direction "thoroughly pro," while Kirk Honeycutt of The Hollywood Reporter says that the first live-action film from Disney Studios India is "designed to give Indian kids their first superhero."
- "Walt Disney Studios Launch Zokkomon". Glamsham. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- Bansal, Robin (29 January 2010). "Working with Darsheel was an amazing experience: Zokkomon director". Hindustan Times. HT Media Limited. Retrieved 21 April 2010.
- Jha, Subhash K. (12 May 2010). "I jist want my fans to love me: Darsheel". The Times of India. Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. Retrieved 18 May 2010.
- "Walt Disney's Zokkomon to Release on 22nd April 2011". Bollywood Trade. 2 March 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Walt Disney Unveils Three Indian Movies In North America". The Economic Times. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Ramrakhani, Naina (1 July 2011). "Disney Sets Up a New Home in India". Desi Hits. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Disney to Launch 3 Hindi Films in North America Across Platforms". Business of Cinema. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- "Disney Releasing 3 Indian Films in North America". Deccan Herald. 30 June 2011. Retrieved 6 July 2011.
- Thomas, Kevin (25 April 2011). "Movie Review: Zokkomon". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- Honeycutt, Kirk (19 April 2011). "Zokkomon: Film Review". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 13 July 2011.
- Koehler, Robert (20 April 2011). "Zokkomon". Variety. Retrieved 13 July 2011.