|• Total||24.91 km2 (9.62 sq mi)|
|• Density||600/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
|Area code||+380 6455|
Zolote (Ukrainian: Золотé, Russian: Золотóе) is a city in Popasna Raion, Luhansk Oblast (region) of Ukraine. Population: 14,572 (2013 est.). The city consists of villages that were merged to create Zolote. Currently these villages are numbered in a sequence from Zolote 1 to Zolote 5. Before the creation of Zolote they were named Karbonit, Rodina, Stakhanovets, Maryvka and Partyzansky.
During the War in Donbass the Ukrainian authorities lost control over parts of Zolote to the self proclaimed Luhansk People's Republic (LPR). Zolote-5 (formally named Maryvka) became under full control of the LPR. Zolote-4 (Patrizansky) and Zolote-3 (Stakhanovets) became situated in the "gray zone" between the warring parties. On 30 June 2018 the Ukrainian army took full control of Zolote-4, although Ukrainian activists stated that the village takeover was staged, as according to them Ukrainian soldiers had been in the zone since 2014.
On 7 October 2014, to facilitate the governance of Luhansk Oblast, the Verkhovna Rada made some changes in the administrative divisions, so that the localities in the government-controlled areas were grouped into districts. In particular, the towns of Hirske and Zolote and the urban-type settlements of Nyzhnie and Toshkivka were transferred from Pervomaisk Municipality to Popasna Raion.
- Державний комітет статистики України. Чисельність наявного населення України на 1 січня 2011 року, Київ-2011 (doc) Archived October 10, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 21 January 2015.
- Head of Zolote in Donbas: Gray zone shrinks with liberated village, UNIAN (2 July 2018)
- "Без крыши над головой: как помогают, оставшимся без дома жителям Луганщины". tribun.com.ua (in Russian). Retrieved 2017-08-05.
- Russian-led forces suffer huge losses within week – JFO, UNIAN (2 July 2018)
- Atlantic Council's Digital Forensic Research Lab (20 July 2018). "#MinskMonitor: Questions Over Ukrainian Liberation of Village". Medium. Retrieved 21 July 2018.
- "Рада изменила границы районов Луганской области" (in Russian). Lenta.ru. 7 October 2014. Retrieved 28 November 2015.
|This article about a location in Luhansk Oblast is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|