Zoltán (Hungarian pronunciation: [ˈzoltaːn]) is a Hungarian masculine given name. It originates from the Turkish word soltan, sultan, meaning strong authority or rulership, which was borrowed from the Arabic sultan, and derived from an Arabic verb Sultah meaning authority or power. In modern times Zoltan and Sultan are used to mean king. The name days for this name are 8 March and 23 June in Hungary, and 7 April in Slovakia.
- Zoltán of Hungary
- Zoltán Árpádffy
- Zoltan Bathory, guitarist of heavy metal band Five Finger Death Punch
- Zoltán Lajos Bay
- Zoltán Czibor
- Zoltán Czukor
- Zoltán Gera (actor)
- Zoltán Gera (footballer) – Fulham F.C.
- Zoltán Halmay
- Zoltán Horváth (disambiguation) - several people
- Zoltan Istvan - American writer and futurist
- Zoltán Kammerer
- Zoltán Kocsis, pianist, conductor, and composer
- Zoltán Kodály
- Zoltán Korda
- Zoltán Magyar – 2-time Olympic gold medalist in pommel horse gymnast. The Magyar spindle and the Magyar travel was named after him.
- Zoltán Meskó - Nazi politician
- Zoltan Mesko (American football)
- Zoltán Mujahid
- Zoltan Pali, American architect based in Los Angeles, California.
- Zoltan Paulinyi – Hungary-born Brazilian composer
- Zoltán Ozoray Schenker – Hungarian Olympic champion saber fencer
- Zoltán Sebescen – Hungarian-German footballer and coach
- Zoltan Somogyi – creator of the Mercury programming language
- Zoltán Szabó (disambiguation), several people
- Zoltan Takacs – herpetologist and toxinologist, National Geographic Explorer
- Zoltan Teglas – front man of the California-based band Ignite
- Zoltán Tildy – president of Hungary after World War II.
- Zoltán Varga (disambiguation)
- Zoltan is a village in Ghidfalău Commune, Covasna County, Romania
- Zoltán is the Hungarian name for Mihai Viteazu village, Saschiz Commune, Mureş County, Romania, formerly called Zoltan in Romanian.
In popular culture
- Zoltan, Hound of Dracula (film)
- Zoltan. Character in Young Dracula (TV)
- Zoltan (hand gesture) is a hand sign used as a celebration by the Pittsburgh Pirates, originally from Dude, Where's My Car?
- Zoltan is a race of aliens in the game FTL: Faster Than Light
- Zoltan Karpathy is a character in My Fair Lady (musical)
- Zoltan is a character in The Witcher fantasy series
- Zoltan is a character and card in the Online Trading Card Game Urban Rivals
- Zoltan, the name of a pet crow in Stephen King's The Gunslinger
- Zoltan, Teacher in the Disney Channel sitcom A.N.T. Farm.
- Zoltan, a fortune teller machine made by Prophetron Inc. between 1969 and the early 1970s. A similarly named machine (Zoltar) appears in the 1988 movie, Big.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|