|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2015)|
|Origin||Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Genres||Space rock, psychedelic rock, progressive rock, jazz rock, jazz fusion|
Zombi is an American space rock duo from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States, consisting of Steve Moore on bass and synthesizers and Anthony Paterra on drums. The group makes use of looping to create multi-layered compositions. They have toured with Don Caballero, Isis, Orthrelm, The Psychic Paramount, Daughters, Red Sparowes, These Arms Are Snakes, Trans Am, and Goblin.
They are currently signed to Relapse Records.
Steve Moore was previously a member of Microwaves, a metal/no-wave band from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and has toured with Red Sparowes. Anthony Paterra is a former member of the Pittsburgh band The 1985.
Their song "Sapphire" was remixed by Norwegian DJ/producer Prins Thomas.
The band takes its name from the Italian title of George A. Romero's Dawn of the Dead. The film was named Zombi in Italy, with original music performed by Goblin, who were an influence on this band.
- Zombi demo (2002)
- Twilight Sentinel EP (2003)
- Cosmos (2004)
- Zombi Anthology (re-issue of first two EPs, 2005)
- Digitalis tour EP (2006)
- Surface to Air (Relapse Records, 2006)
- Spirit Animal (2009)
- Split LP with Maserati (2009)
- Escape Velocity (2011)
- Slow Oscillations EP (2011)
- Shape Shift (2015)
- Theiner, Manny (2007-09-06). "Zombi releases vinyl around the world". Pittsburgh City Paper. Retrieved 2007-09-08.
- "Goblin announces additional tour dates with Zombi". Brooklynvegan.com. 2013-10-01. Retrieved 2015-06-18.
- "Zombi biography". Relapse Records. Retrieved 2015-07-23.
- Official MySpace
- Official website
- Steve Moore website
- Steve Moore Interview
- Zombi Interview on The Drone
|This article on a United States experimental music band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|