Zombie Apocalypse (band)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Also known as||Boddicker|
|Origin||New York, NY, United States|
|Genres||Crossover thrash, metalcore|
|Labels||In at the Deep End, Hell Bent, Indecision|
|Associated acts||Shai Hulud, Try.Fail.Try, The Risk Taken, Shallow Water Grave|
Zombie Apocalypse is a crossover thrash/metalcore band formed by current members of Shai Hulud, Shallow Water Grave, and The Risk Taken, as well as former members of the '90s New Jersey band Try.Fail.Try. In 1998, Shai Hulud members created a zombie-themed band project, called Boddicker. Boddicker recorded a 2-song demo in 1998 that was never released. Those two songs are now Zombie Apocalypse songs.
Their music is characterized by very short, thrashcore-like, fast songs thematically concerned with zombies and the apocalypse, as the band name would imply. Their lyrics have a political undercurrent that uses horrific imagery as a metaphor to touch on various political, personal, and social issues. They have released two albums: This Is a Spark of Life, on Indecision Records and featuring artwork by Dan Henk, and a split with Leeds, UK-based, and fellow zombie enthusiasts, Send More Paramedics, called Tales Told by Dead Men, released in North America on Hell Bent Records and in Europe on In at the Deep End Records. They also contributed a cover of "Welcome to the Jungle" to a Guns N' Roses tribute album released by Reignition Records.
Although the term "zombiecore" has been used with reference to Zombie Apocalypse, the band itself has never made any claim to any specific genre.
In an interview with Lambgoat  Matt Fox revealed that a full-length album is planned, and some songs have been written and a title decided. However, due to scheduling conflicts it is uncertain when the record will be completed.
- 1998 - Boddicker demo
- 2003 - This Is a Spark of Life (Indecision Records)
- 2005 - Tales Told by Dead Men split EP with Send More Paramedics (In at the Deep End Records/Hellbent Records)
- 2019 - Life Without Pain Is a Fucking Fantasy (Innerstrength Records)
- Matt Fox - guitar (guitar for Shai Hulud)
- Matthew Fletcher - bass (bass for Shai Hulud)
- Ronen Kauffman - vocals (vocals for try.fail.try; vocals for The Hostage)
- Eric Dellon - vocals (vocals for Shai Hulud; drums for Shallow Water Grave)
- Greg Thomas - guitar (guitar for Shai Hulud; vocals for Shallow Water Grave)
- Shai Hulud FAQ - 2003
- Lambgoat Interview with Matt Fox
|This article on a United States metal band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|