||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Associated acts||Icon of Coil
|Past members||Sebastian Komor|
Zombie Girl is a Canadian electro-industrial/industrial rock project started in 2005. Initially composed of Renee Cooper and producer Sebastian Komor, the group now consists exclusively of Cooper, who uses live musicians. The band's lyrics and themes center on black humor and B movie horror films. Zombie Girl also uses Rock and Roll-style grooves with their mostly synthetic instruments. She has produced two EPs and two full-length albums on the Alfa Matrix record label. Her albums are sold in the United States under the Metropolis Records label.
The pressing of the second album, Blood, Brains and Rock 'N' Roll was delayed due to three separate printing companies refusing to print artwork that contained copious amounts of blood, as well as a brain on a plate. In the November issue of online magazine Razorblade Society, Renee stated that she is no longer working with Sebastian (of Icon of Coil) after claiming he was abusing her.
- Back From the Dead (2006) Alfa Matrix/Metropolis Records
- Blood, Brains and Rock 'N' Roll (2007) Alfa Matrix/Metropolis Records
- Halloween EP (2009)
- Killer Queen (2015)
- Electro Lyrics interview with Zombie Girl[permanent dead link]
- Vampire Freaks interview with Zombie Girl Archived March 12, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Our controversial Zombie Girl interview". Razorblade Society. Archived from the original on October 9, 2011.
- Interview with Renee Cooper Archived November 22, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|