This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Genre||Animation, comedy horror|
|Created by||Jan Van Rijsselberge|
|Voices of||Aileen Mythen|
|Opening theme||Zombie Hotel Theme|
|Ending theme||Zombie Hotel Theme (instrumental)|
|Country of origin||France|
|No. of episodes||26 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producers||Paul Cummins|
Theresa Plummer Andrews
|Producers||Siobhán Ní Ghadhra|
|Running time||Approx. 25 mins|
|Production company||Alphanim Animation|
|Original network||CBBC (UK) (2006–2008)|
ABC3 (Australia) (2006–2009)
TG4 Cúla 4 (Ireland) (2005–)
Starz Kids & Family (U.S) (2012–2014)
Yle TV2 (Finland) (2006–2007)
|Original release||January 2005 – July 2007|
|(UK Only) Website|
Zombie Hotel is an Irish/French animated children's television series about a hotel run by zombies, created by Jan Van Rijsselberge, produced by French production company Alphanim and shown internationally.
The main characters are Fungus and Maggot, two child zombies who pretend to be human to get into their local school, and their family and boarders at the hotel run by their parents. They make friends with Sam, a human boy whose mother is away most of the time. Sam soon finds out about their zombie powers and all three make a team of friends. Sam uses an old railway carriage as his haunt. The plot often involves a risk of the discovery of Maggot and Fungus' zombie nature and the three trying to prevent this. The hotel itself is one of several main locations used in the show. Others include the school and Sam's railway carriage.
- Maggot is the courageous, bossy and hot-headed twin sister of Fungus. (Voiced by Aileen Mythen)
- Fungus is the hardworking, cool brother who loves doing impossible DIY. (Voiced by Hillary Kavanagh)
- Sam is Maggot and Fungus' human friend.
- Rictus is the children's father who runs the Zombie Hotel. He doesn't get along with his father well. (Voiced by Roger Gregg)
- Funerella is Rictus' wife. She gets worried a lot, but loves her family. (Voiced by Susan Slott)
- Jeebies is the hotel's elderly butler, who has a hunched back. He is quite prone to losing his limbs. (Voiced by Rod Goodall)
- Chef is a grouchy vampire who is the head chef in the hotel. He is known for his horrible food creations which even the zombies find hard to eat sometimes.
- Wilson is Chef's assistant. His head is detachable and it is shown he can replace it with a new one. (Voiced by Philip McGettigan)
- The Colonel is a small-headed, but rotund bodied zombie who used to be in the military. He is a resident of the hotel and often rolls using his round shape. In one episode it shows that he may have some feelings for Dame Fedora (Voiced by Paul Tylak)
- Dame Fedora is a ghost resident at the hotel who never stops complaining about things.
- Uncle Von is Maggot and Fungus' crazy scientist uncle. He has a laboratory in the hotel.
- Francis is Von's creation and sidekick, a Frankenstein's monster style character.
- Tut is a mummified DJ who likes telling bad jokes. (Voiced by Gary Hetzler)
- Miss Harriet Harbottle is Maggot and Fungus' teacher. (Voiced by Danna Davis)
- Mr. Peabody is the headteacher of Maggot and Fungus' school. (Voiced by Patrick Fitzsymons)
- Harvey Justine is Harbottle's adolescent nephew/son, who Maggot, Fungus and Sam have to often reluctantly babysit. He's similar too Sam in that he loves zombies. Though he doesn't yet realise that Maggot & Fungus aren't dressed up and wearing makeup like zombies.
- Araminta is Sam's mother who is away on business a lot.
- Eli is a student genius at school. Though he made a presentation about Zombies, he thought that Zombies are nasty creatures.
- First Day
- Love is in the Air
- Plumbing the Depths
- Zombie Pride
- Brat Attack
- There's Something About Zombies
- Vote for Zombie
- Happy People
- Oh My Goth!
- It's Not Fair
- Funerella's Deathday
- The Bogeyman Cometh
- Dead Trendy
- Something Old, Something Newt
- Too Many Cooks
- Inspector Fungus
- School Exchange
- Movie Madness
- The Wrong Von
- Night of the Undead Babysitters!
- Toying with Magic
- Carrots, Sticks and Robots
- A Zombie's Best Friend
- The Hug Bug
- A Class Act
Zombie Hotel has won a number of awards including Best TV series at the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry 2006 awards.
- "Jan Van Rijsselberge - LinkedIn". Linkedin.com. 10 June 2016.