Zombie Massacre (film)
|Edited by||Marco Ristori|
|Distributed by||Entertainment One|
Zombie Massacre (UK DVD title: Apocalypse Z) is a 2013 Italian-German-Canadian-American zombie horror film written and directed by Luca Boni and Marco Ristori. Uwe Boll served as producer and acted within the film in the role of President of the United States. The film stars Christian Boeving, Mike Mitchell, and Tara Cardinal, and is an adaptation of the Wii video game of the same name, developed by 1988 Games. The film had its UK DVD release on July 1, 2013.
As the U.S. government begins experimenting with a bacteriological weapon in a small town in Eastern Europe, a disaster occurs in which the weapon spreads its effects on the citizens of the area, turning them into mutated zombies. To cover up the exposure and make it look like a nuclear meltdown of an area power station, the U.S. President orders a team of contracted mercenaries to be sent in to wipe out the zombie plague and secure the "accident" while facing off with the infected horde.
- Christian Boeving as Jack Stone
- Mike Mitchell as John 'Mad Dog' McKellen
- Tara Cardinal as Eden Shizuka
- Jon Campling as Doug Mulligan
- Carl Wharton as General Carter
- Daniel Vivian as Dragan Ilic
- Nathalia Henao as Claire Howard
- Gerry Shanahan as Doctor Neumann
- Ivy Corbin as Sam Neumann
- Michael Segal as First Victim / Ultimate creature
- Uwe Boll as President of the US
In 2007, plans for the film and Wii video game were first announced. In 2011, it was announced that Boni and Ristori were attached to direct, with filming expected to take place the following year. In October 2012, a trailer for Apocalypse Z was released.
- Vejvoda, Jim. "Uwe Boll's Zombie Massacre". IGN. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on October 1, 2013. Retrieved July 21, 2013. 1988 Games: Zombie Massacre
- Mallory, Jordan. "'Zombie Massacre' is another gaming film from Uwe Boll". Joystiq. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- Arendt, Susan (28 September 2007). "Uwe Boll Bringing Zombie Massacre to the Screen". Wired. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- Heritage, Stuart (17 October 2012). "Zombie Massacre: when hipsters and rats turn bad". London: Guardian. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- Walkuski, Eric. "Uwe Boll-produced Zombie Massacre gets a trailer featuring zombie rats!". JoBlo. Retrieved 17 July 2013.
- "Film Review: Apocalypse Z". HorrorNews.net. Retrieved 17 July 2013.