|Directed by||David A. Prior|
|Produced by||William Ferrell
David A. Prior
|Written by||David A. Prior|
Kristi Renee Pearce
|Music by||David M. Poole|
|Edited by||David Alan
All American Pictures
|Distributed by||Echelon Studios
American World Pictures
Zombie Wars is a 2007 American horror film written and directed by David A. Prior. It stars Adam Mayfield, Alissa Koenig, Jim Marlow, and Kristi Renee Pearce as humans struggling against zombie overlords.
After a zombie apocalypse, humanity is enslaved by zombies. Bred in captivity for food, these humans receive no education or training. Bands of free humans work to free the captives and turn the tide against the zombies.
- Adam Mayfield as David
- Alissa Koenig as Star
- Jim Marlow as Brian
- Kristi Renee Pearce as General
- Jonathan Badeen as Sliver
- Billy Hayes as George
Scott Foy of Dread Central rated the film 3/5 stars and called it "a fun little piece of pulp action horror – a modern day drive-in movie, breezy and cheesy, but done so with an unmistakable enthusiasm." David Walker of DVD Talk rated the film 1/5 stars and said, "Zombie Wars is not a terrible film in the sense that it is not completely unwatchable. It is, however, a terrible film in that the script is bad, the direction is lackluster, the acting is marginal and the premise, which has hints of Planet of the Apes, is laughable in its execution." Peter Dendle wrote that the film is "conceptually ambitious" but dragged down by its poor writing, acting, and production values.
- "Trailer for David A. Prior's ZOMBIE WARS". Twitch Film. 2006-11-16. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- Gingold, Michael (2009-03-05). "CA's Paranoia Fest debuts with strong movie lineup". Fangoria. Archived from the original on 2009-04-05. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- Foy, Scott (2008-02-22). "Zombie Wars (2008)". Dread Central. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- Walker, David (2008-07-16). "Zombie Wars". DVD Talk. Retrieved 2013-12-02.
- Dendle, Peter (2012). The Zombie Movie Encyclopedia: Volume 2, 2000-2010. McFarland Publishing. pp. 232–233. ISBN 9780786461639.