From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Initial release||September 25, 2002|
1.30.0 / July 28, 2016
|Written in||C++, Perl and PHP|
- Runs on any Linux distribution supporting Video4Linux.
- Supports video, USB and network cameras.
- Support Pan/Tilt/Zoom cameras, extensible to add new control protocols.
- Built on standard tools, C++, Perl and PHP.
- Uses MySQL database.
- Independent video capture and analysis daemons allowing high failure redundancy.
- Multiple zones (regions of interest) can be defined per camera. Each can have a different sensitivity or be ignored altogether.
- Web interface allowing full control of system or cameras as well as live views and event replays.
- Supports live video in MPEG video, multi-part JPEG, and stills formats.
- Supports event replay in MPEG video, multi-part JPEG, and stills formats along with statistics detail.
- User defined filters allowing selection of any number of events by combination of characteristics in any order.
- Event notification by e-mail or SMS, including attached still images or video of specific events by filter.
- Automatic uploading of matching events to external FTP storage for archiving and data security.
- Includes bi-directional X10 (home automation protocol) integration allowing X10 signals to control when video is captured and for motion detection to trigger X10 devices.
- Partitioned design allows other hardware interfacing protocols to be added for support of alarm panels, etc.
- Multiple users and user access levels.
- Multi-language support with many languages already included.
- Full control script support allowing most tasks to be automated or added to other applications.
- Support external triggering by third-party applications or equipment.
- New RESTful API to facilitate 3rd party developers to build new apps (v1.29+, already available in master snapshots)
- Closed-circuit television (CCTV)
- Closed-circuit television camera
- List of free television software
- Motion (comparison with ZoneMinder cpu-wise)
- Official website
- ZoneMinder on GitHub
- "ZoneMinder". Freecode.
- ZoneMinder on SourceForge.net
- Peter Howard: Ubuntu deb package manager
- HowtoForge: ZoneMinder On Ubuntu
- ZoneMinder Viewer: Standalone GUI interface written in Qt
- ZoneMinder Virtual Appliance: Virtual Appliance for VMware
- Zoneminder VM Template for VMware: Virtual Appliance Template for VMware (including ZoneMinder 1.25.0/Ubuntu 12.04.1)