Zonhoven is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Limburg near Hasselt. On January 1, 2007, Zonhoven had a total population of 20,060. The total area is 39.34 km² which gives a population density of 506 inhabitants per km².
The municipality includes of the following hamlets: Halveweg, Termolen, and Terdonk.
On November 18, 1833 the Treaty of Zonhoven was signed in the house named De Franse Kroon between representatives of the Netherlands and Belgium to establish special regulations over the use of the Meuse River by the signatories.
Notable persons born/raised in Zonhoven
- Lieve Baeten, author and illustrator of children's books
- Anke Buckinx, host
- Koen Buyse (1977), frontman of Zornik
- Rik Ceulemans, athlete
- Patrick Claesen aka Pat Krimson DJ, ex-Leopold 3, 2 Fabiola, DJ and producer
- Luc Indestege, writer
- Ingrid Lieten (1964), Flemish minister
- Luc Nilis (1967), former soccer player
- Roel Paulissen, Mountain biking
- Marleen Renders (1968), marathon runner
- Charlotte Timmers (b. Zonhoven, 7 October 1988), actress
- Chris Thys (1954), actress
- Leah Thys (1945), actress
- Jos Vandeloo (1925), writer
- Marilou Vanden Poel-Welkenhuysen, former MOP
- Margot Vanderstraeten, writer
- Tim Vanhamel (1977), frontman van Millionaire and ex-Evil Superstars
- Francesca Vanthielen (b. Eeklo, 1972), actress, host
- Wout Wijsmans (b. Hasselt, 1977), volleyball player
- Kikx, former boyband
- Bieke Broux, Multiple Sclerosis researcher/scientist
- Bert Dries (Musketon), Award Winning Graphic Designer
Products of Zonhoven
Superprestige round #2 Zonhovenis a cyclo-cross race held every autumn.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Zonhoven.