Taiping Zoo (Malay: Zoo Taiping) is a zoological park located at Bukit Larut, Taiping, Perak, Malaysia. Established in 1961, Taiping Zoo is the oldest Zoo in Malaysia.
It is one of the major zoological parks in Malaysia. It covers 34 acres (14 ha) and exhibits 1300 animals representing 180 species of amphibians, mammals, and reptiles. It also has a night safari. As the only zoo in North Malaysia, it tends to receive a large amount of visitors. It houses the largest number of stump-tailed macaques in Malaysia, which is thirteen, compared to six at the National Zoo of Malaysia (Zoo Negara) and five at the Malacca Zoo.
- ^ "SEAZA Membership List". seaza.org. SEAZA. Retrieved 5 August 2011.
- ^ Consolidate Taiping Zoo with Zoo Negara by MAK YIM SEONG, Kuala Lumpur, The Star, 15 Dec 2004
- ^ Sister Zoo for Taiping Zoo Planned; BERNAMA News Services 27 Oct 2004; Sarawak Tribune, 28 Oct 2004
- ^ The Department of Veterinary Services, Perak, Jabatan Perkhidmatan Haiwan, Perak.
- ^ About the Zoo --About Us
- ^ Night Safari --Night Safari Main
- ^ Stump-Tailed Macaque --The Star