|This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Zooillogix is a zoology blog on the ScienceBlogs network, created and edited by Andrew and Benny Bleiman. The site has been featured on ABC News, in Seed magazine, Mental Floss, FHM, and the Annals of Improbable Research, awarders of the Ig Nobel Prize. The site attracts a diverse readership from notable scientists, such as PZ Myers, to biology students to young children.
Zooillogix focuses on bizarre zoological news, covering research published in scientific journals, such as the Public Library of Science (PLoS), as well as stories reported in general news outlets. Typical items include the discovery of new species, newly documented animal behavior, zoo and aquarium industry news, and interviews with scientists and researchers. Content is written to be accessible to a non-scientific audience.
- ABC News, "Creeping Crinoid," May 9, 2007.
- see Seed Magazine, January, 2008.
- "Improbable Research". Improbable.com. May 2007. Archived from the original on 2013-10-30. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- "Pharyngula January 2008". Scienceblogs.com. Archived from the original on 2011-06-05. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
- "Palomar College Biology 201 course syllabus". Daphne.palomar.edu. Archived from the original on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2013-10-28.
|This article about a blog, vlog, or other Internet publication is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|